Cake Balls Pricing

Business By Cheri316 Updated 19 Feb 2013 , 5:26am by sleepy20520

Cheri316 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cheri316 Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 1:59am
post #1 of 40

I have just started making cake balls and I had so much fun! Everyone who tried them loved them and now I am getting asked to make them. I have no idea what to charge for them. Any idea?

39 replies
cakecontessa1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecontessa1 Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 5:37am
post #2 of 40

I charge 3.50 each for cake balls and lollycakes on a stick are 4.00 each both sold by the dozen

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 6:06am
post #3 of 40

$3.50 each????? I charge $0.75. thats on a stick..

sambugjoebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sambugjoebear Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 2:11pm
post #4 of 40

I charge $9/dozen. If they want alcohol infused or special decorations on them then I charge extra.

learnincakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
learnincakes Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 2:38pm
post #5 of 40

Which recipe do you use for your cake balls? I have tried them and they taste like a mushy mess. I must have missed something I guess.

motherofgrace Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 3:31pm
post #6 of 40

your using too much binder.

Tehre is not recipe really, Just add a tbsp at a time icon_smile.gif

learnincakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
learnincakes Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 3:32pm
post #7 of 40

Thanks, I will try again.

cakecontessa1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecontessa1 Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 4:14pm
post #8 of 40

Yes 3.50 each! I'm a cake person, this is how we make money? People have no problem spending it.

motherofgrace Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 4:56pm
post #9 of 40

ok ok, I get that, im just saying MOST people, charge $9-$15 a dozen thats $.75-$1.25

No need to freak out, I make money off of mine, without charging that.

Anyone else thing I was wrong... geez

cupcakeatheart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeatheart Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 5:20pm
post #10 of 40

If people will pay 3.50, that's awesome! I charge $16/dz and $8/5pk, that's wrapped up nice

cdgleason Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cdgleason Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 5:22pm
post #11 of 40

I made some cake balls, which I refer to as "bon bons" with leftover cake scraps, crushed oreo cookies and left over butter cream...no particular recipe, but I would guess that I used about 3 cups of white cake scraps, 1 cup of cookies crushed up very fine, about a cup of butter cream....mixed together thoroughly.... I used a pastry blender to mix and it worked perfectly.... then I used a cookie scoop...about the size of a golf ball and made perfect little balls, chilled them, then dipped them into melted white chocolate...... I've been an avid baker for about 15 years and so far... NOTHING has been more popular!
A local bakery sells them for about a dollar a piece but they rarely have them!!

Sweet_Treats_1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Treats_1 Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 5:22pm
post #12 of 40

I guess a lot of the pricing depends on your local market. Some areas of the country can get away with higher pricing, while others can not. In my area (SC) I could not get $3.50 for one cake ball, but I can get $2.50(mine are about the size of a jumbo cupcake. I would see what jumbo cupcakes are going for in your area and use that as a starting point, and I would definately charge extra for liqueur's or fancy decorations. Good luck!

Sweet_Treats_1 Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 5:29pm
post #13 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdgleason

I made some cake balls, which I refer to as "bon bons" with leftover cake scraps, crushed oreo cookies and left over butter cream...no particular recipe, but I would guess that I used about 3 cups of white cake scraps, 1 cup of cookies crushed up very fine, about a cup of butter cream....mixed together thoroughly.... I used a pastry blender to mix and it worked perfectly.... then I used a cookie scoop...about the size of a golf ball and made perfect little balls, chilled them, then dipped them into melted white chocolate

cdgleason, These sound delicious!!! icon_smile.gif

motherofgrace Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 5:52pm
post #14 of 40

Jumbo cupcake?!?! thats huge lol how d othey eat them?

Mine are about 1 inch.

Sweet_Treats_1 Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 6:01pm
post #15 of 40

Usually with a fork! Thats also how my jumbo cupcakes are eaten, unless of course U have a really big mouth or just dont mind getting frosting all over your face.

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 7:07pm
post #16 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Treats_1

Usually with a fork! Thats also how my jumbo cupcakes are eaten, unless of course U have a really big mouth or just dont mind getting frosting all over your face.

Those are some big cake BALLS! Mine I do smaller, I guess when I think of cake balls I think more of cake truffles and that's what I prefer. I actually like putting most of mine on a stick like the christmas ones in my photos.

motherofgrace Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 7:13pm
post #17 of 40

JustToEatCake- yea me too!

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 7:20pm
post #18 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakecontessa1

Yes 3.50 each! I'm a cake person, this is how we make money? People have no problem spending it.

At first I was thinking WOW she is really under pricing then when I realized you really meant $3.50 ea I was thinking icon_eek.gif .... That was before I saw your pictures!!! LOVELY!!! I see why you charge what you do. The flower (purple and orange) is that made from Royal Icing?

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 7:21pm
post #19 of 40

Obviously there's a big difference in the size of a $3.50 cake ball lol. I wouldn't charge more than $1 ea for a bite size cake ball(as long as there's not a lot of decorations involved). LOL, I'm not paying much more than that for a bite of anything! icon_biggrin.gif

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 7:23pm
post #20 of 40

I charge $15 for 2 DZ. I dont do mine fancy at that price. Just round balls dipped in chocolate and put into a plastic container. Normally I get the colored containers at WalMart. I make a profit on what I do. It's not time consuming for me and I can do plenty at one time! I'm going to make some for Valentine's.

cakecontessa1-Hope you dont mind but I'm going to steal some of your idea's! icon_biggrin.gif

kellikrause Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellikrause Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 11:58pm
post #21 of 40

What the heck?? I have been throwing out cake scraps for years! I am missing something obviously because cake, cookies and frosting mixed together sounds YUMMY!!! I have to try that soon icon_smile.gif

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 12:29am
post #22 of 40

I charge $1 each for 1 inch cakeballs. How do you put them on a stick, I'd like to try that.

motherofgrace Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 12:35am
post #23 of 40

I just stick the sick into itbefore I dip it! It makes dipping easier too!

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 12:40am
post #24 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sweetheart-

I just stick the sick into itbefore I dip it! It makes dipping easier too!

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

preciouspjs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
preciouspjs Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 1:06am
post #25 of 40

I charge $.75 for plain dipped, and $1.00 each for decorated ones... and they're about an inch in diameter. Also, a trick I learned if you dip the stick in chocolate and then in the cake ball, once it sets, it holds a thousand times better..

Christina222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christina222 Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 1:42am
post #26 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakecontessa1

I charge 3.50 each for cake balls and lollycakes on a stick are 4.00 each both sold by the dozen

What do you consider the difference between a cake ball and a lollycake?

motherofgrace Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 1:50am
post #27 of 40

the lollycakes probally have the sticks icon_smile.gif

Christina222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christina222 Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 1:54am
post #28 of 40

But in her pictures both types have the sticks. That's why I was wondering =)

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 1:57am
post #29 of 40

I charge $1.25 each. It'll depend a lot on your local market. It'll relate to how much you get for cake per serving.

motherofgrace Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 2:03am
post #30 of 40

oh then im not sure. sorry icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%