Does This Sound Too Boring? Ideas Needed.

Baking By JenniferL Updated 10 Feb 2010 , 7:54pm by Ronbob1984

JenniferL Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferL Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 8:12pm
post #1 of 3

I have a birthday cake to make for a surprise party and they just said that liked any flavor but coconut. However, they did mention chocolate as one of the flavors they liked. The party is for 50 adults. Would it be boring to marble chocolate and vanilla WASC and just fill it with a whipped ganache? I'm using white bc, but am not sure what to flavor it with. It's two tiers so I could mix up the flavors a little, but I'm a bit out of practice with making cakes. I just don't want it to be boring. I would LOVE some flavor suggestion and I'm not above begging! icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 4:17pm
post #2 of 3

I like marbled cake so I say you can go that way. I don't think it is boring.

You can also do a layer of chocolate and a layer of white cake then do a cookies and cream filling in the middle. Mmmmm.

With adults there are so many ways you can go. Lemon cake with blueberry or raspberry filling. Chocolate with caramel/ducle de leche. I've even used dulce de leche as a filling for white cake and it is god.

Ronbob1984 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ronbob1984 Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 7:54pm
post #3 of 3

How about a chocolate salted caramel. Chocolate cake, caramel flavored smbc with a caramel drizzle. Just sprinkle with a little sea salt before serving.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%