What Is The Medium For Molding People? Fondant/modelingpast

Decorating By iannelli66 Updated 8 Feb 2010 , 8:30pm by iannelli66

iannelli66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iannelli66 Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 3:29am
post #1 of 3

I am attempting to make some little gilrs for a sleepover cake and wanted to know what is the best product to use? Also, should they be made as one piece or limb by limb and assembled? If assembled, how do I attatch the pieces to each other. Thank you so much for the help.. One last question, if the cake is due friday,when should I make the characters so they have enough time to dry?

2 replies
Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 4:45am
post #2 of 3

I model with a 50/50 mixture of fondant/gumpaste or fondant with some Tylose added to it.

I model limb by limb and attach with some glue that I make by either using a mixture of tylose/water mixed up together or I drop a bit of gumpaste in water, let it dissolve and mix.

If the pieces won't be eaten I use toothpicks to help support the head, limbs etc.

I try to make my figures at least a week ahead of time (depending on size and climate) they dry within a couple of days.

iannelli66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iannelli66 Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 8:30pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you so much for your response, I really appreciate it.. I am going to try the 50/50 mixture and buy some tylose.. Big big help.. Time to start making some peopleicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%