How Much For This Cake?

Decorating By kellikrause Updated 8 Feb 2010 , 4:17am by SpecialtyCakesbyKelli

kellikrause Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellikrause Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 2:33am
post #1 of 6

Hey guys, I was just wondering how much you would charge for this cake? I already did it for a 1st birthday, (free for someone at church, kind of special circumstances) but it's 14, 12, & 10. I used the super enhanced cake mix, filled with mousse, and iced with butter cream with fondant decorations.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1578108.html

Thank you so much, I value your opinion!

5 replies
Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 2:48am
post #2 of 6

That is adorable!!! Only you can decide how much your cakes are worth. Your time, ingredients, and all the misc. expenses need to be taken into account when making that decision. It would definately be in the trible digits. thumbs_up.gif

VickiC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VickiC Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 2:48am
post #3 of 6

You're very generous. That cake should be no less than $500-all those monkeys and bananas are adorable!

sandykay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandykay Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 2:50am
post #4 of 6

I know this won't be much help, but you'd need to find the going rate per serving in your area. Then determine how many servings you cake makes, you don't want to under sell the local bakers in your area.

On another note I love the cake the Bananas are perfect.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 2:54am
post #5 of 6

I charge $3.50 per serving for bc cakes so 170 x 3.50 plus $5 each monkey

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 4:17am
post #6 of 6

I had it figured at 140 servings (using Earlenes). I charge less for bday cakes than I do wedding cakes....but considering you used a 14, 12, and 10 I would price it more on the wedding cake side of the pricing chart. (PS when people ask why I charge more for wedding cakes than bday cakes, I explain that most wedding cakes use larger cakes and take more time). I would say AT LEAST $3.50 a serving.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%