Boy Scout Emblem

Decorating By cokezero Updated 18 Feb 2010 , 4:02pm by kpry

cokezero Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cokezero Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 8:51pm
post #1 of 11

Is there a good trick to creating the boy scout emblem or eagle scout emblem out of fondant/gumpaste? I'm not good at free hand...are there any molds out there? Ideas?

10 replies
ramie7224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ramie7224 Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 9:23pm
post #2 of 11

You could try tracing the image onto wax paper and then lay it over your fondant/gumpaste and cut out with an exacto knife. I don't know specifically about a mold. You might be able to make your own. There's a tutorial on here somewhere. The one for making lace molds is on the main page. You can probably adapt that if you have one of the patches that goes on the uniform.

Melchas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melchas Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 9:41pm
post #3 of 11

I actually just made an Eagle Scout Badge for a Court of Honor tomorrow. I found a simple pic and printed it out and used an excato knife to cut out the parts and then water to glue" them together.

Another optionis to use royal icing. Print out the design, cover it with wax paper and trace it. Use stiff RI to make the outlines and then fill in with thined out RI.

It's what I used to make the cowboy, skull and bakugan cakes in my pics. HTH.

paula1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paula1234 Posted 8 Feb 2010 , 4:44am
post #4 of 11

I have candy molds that are the boy scout and cub scout emblems. I am making a 5 tier cake for our Blue and Gold banquet in 2 weeks. Each tier is a certain theme. I am usig theme as push molds for fondant. Then I am going to paint them. You could do a chocolate transfer.

cokezero Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 7:10pm
post #5 of 11

all good ideas! Thank you!! Can you give me more specifics on the chocolate transfer? Thanks!!

paula1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paula1234 Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 8:21pm
post #6 of 11

Print off a picture of what you want on your cake. You may have to reverse the image. Melt your chocolate like you would if you were going to put into a mold. I use white chocolate and color it the color I want using candy colors. I take the picture and tape it down to a cake circle and then tape wax paper on top of the picture. I put my melted chocolate into a icing bag with a # 2 tip and outline the picture, I usually use black, then I just go from color to color, after each color, I put it in the freezer until I get my next color ready. After it is completed I leave it in the freezer until all is set, then carefully turn it over on another cake circle, then pick it up and attach to cake.

Enchantedcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Enchantedcakes Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 9:38pm
post #7 of 11

If you have a local scout shop they might have the candy molds, our scout shop always has them in stock.

SpringFlour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpringFlour Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 9:51pm
post #8 of 11

Sam's Club will put the Boy Scout logo on a cake. You might check there if you have one in your area. Maybe they'd sell you an edible image??

cokezero Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 1:31am
post #9 of 11

Thanks everyone!! I appreciate it!! I'll let you know what I end up doing!icon_smile.gif

tigger22_1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tigger22_1 Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 3:46pm
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringFlour

Sam's Club will put the Boy Scout logo on a cake. You might check there if you have one in your area. Maybe they'd sell you an edibljavascript:emoticon('icon_sad.gif')e image??

icon_sad.gif sorry but Sam's Club will not sell you an image unless you buy a cake and they put the image on it(not here in Asheville they want)

kpry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kpry Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 4:02pm
post #11 of 11

I made one by printing out a copy of the image, making a template out of cardboard and tracing on fondant. I used gold luster dust to paint it. It was very easy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%