Lemon Buttercream

Decorating By summersusu Updated 7 Feb 2010 , 6:42pm by Cake-makerz

summersusu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summersusu Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 1:48pm
post #1 of 10

Can you tent Lemon buttercream pink or any other color? I've never made it before.

9 replies
artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 1:53pm
post #2 of 10

Yes

menas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
menas Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 1:57pm
post #3 of 10

I make the lemon buttercream that actually doesn't have butter in it & it tints fine. There really should be another name for it if theres no butter in it! I've heard there's a certain kind of butter that is closer to being white and the color will be true but I don't know what it is. Maybe someone else can tell us.

summersusu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summersusu Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 2:04pm
post #4 of 10

Thanks...is there a particular recipe you follow for lemon buttercream that you like and goes well with Lemon Cake

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 2:16pm
post #5 of 10

i just add lemon juice to my usual recipe (either a traditional buttercream, or indydebis).
xx

artscallion Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 2:23pm
post #6 of 10

In my regular recipe I substitute lemon juice for the required liquid and substitute lemon extract for the vanilla.

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 3:40pm
post #7 of 10

I've done it but used lemon extract instead of lemon juice. I thought about lemon juice but I wondered if the acidity would break down the icing. I guess now I know.

menas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
menas Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 4:02pm
post #8 of 10

I like that idea of lemon juice instead of water & the lemon extract! I bet this cuts way down on the sweet factor. Does this still allow for a crusting buttercream?

artscallion Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 4:09pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by menas

I like that idea of lemon juice instead of water & the lemon extract! I bet this cuts way down on the sweet factor. Does this still allow for a crusting buttercream?

Crusting is determined by the ratio of fat to sugar. So as long as you're not increasing the fat end of that ratio, it shouldn't effect the crusting.

Cake-makerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake-makerz Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 6:42pm
post #10 of 10

I add always a flavour to my buttercream and if i want i colour it !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%