Help! Cake Broke Coming Out Of Pan!

Decorating By mkgsweims Updated 7 Feb 2010 , 2:43am by mkgsweims

mkgsweims Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkgsweims Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 11:51pm
post #1 of 6

Need any advice on how to glue a cake back together- the corner broke while taking it out of the pan. I know that I can use icing, but I am not making icing and decorating it until next week. Any other gluing ideas?

5 replies
kellymarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellymarie Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 12:05am
post #2 of 6

I've always just put it back in place while still hot, wrapped it in saran and let it cool. That should work, and make sure that layer goes on the top when you assemble- that works best for me!

I hope that helps icon_smile.gif I hate when that happens.....

mkgsweims Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 12:11am
post #3 of 6

Thanks! That is exactly what I did.

As far as putting the broke cake on the top, I was wondering if it would be better to put it on the bottom so that the weight of the top cake (it is only a two layer cake with icing inbetween) would hold it in place. Or would the weight cause it to smush out of place? What is your experience?

kellymarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellymarie Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 1:35am
post #4 of 6

I figure there would be less pressure on the top (since you use supports) and the bottom might bulge- never mind when you try to spread the buttercream on the layer it might come loose, kwim?

Another note- you said it was the edge i think but make sure you don;t put a dowel in the crack- that might make things worse!

I'm sure it will be fine icon_smile.gif

mommyoffive2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyoffive2008 Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 1:44am
post #5 of 6

icon_smile.gif

mkgsweims Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 2:43am
post #6 of 6

thanks!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%