post #1 of 50

is called to order.

Who's up?
Whatcha workin' on?

49 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 3:45am
post #2 of 50

I've finished the real cake for a wedding tomorrow and am working on a dummy right now. BIG wedding show Sunday. "Super Bride Sunday."

SandiOh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandiOh Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 3:46am
post #3 of 50

I'm actually at work, bored....illegally on the internet. LOL. I did my first Elmo cake today (in my pics), brought it to work for a friend, who didn't show up. She said shell pick it up tomorrow....will see if the cake survives the night in the breakroom.

sweettoothmom1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom1 Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 3:50am
post #4 of 50

working on 2 lychee cakes. one of them, cust calld 6:30pm wants at 9am tomorrw. shouldv had some frozen!!. another one my son volunteerd for his teach on monday, just doing gumpaste stuff. and another for sunday, my brother's grammy. doing it fairly true to size so only 6" sq, the hard part is the grammy on top! takin forever to dry. also trying to make some of kathy scott's chocolate petite fours so i can give as advertising to the customers for the morning. whoa. not sure when i'll get any sleep

onlymadaresane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onlymadaresane Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 3:50am
post #5 of 50

I just got done cleaning the kitchen after doing my first 'boobie' cake.

I still have so much to learn! But it's a fun process...

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 3:50am
post #6 of 50

hey, no cake for me either.. just getting my things ready for class tomorrow... if it doesn,t snow... i teach cake decorating at a technical school here ... several times a year.. usually.. jan-feb.. is a large class.. leah.. i like your new pic... been meaning to tell you... have a good nite..

sweettoothmom1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettoothmom1 Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 3:53am
post #7 of 50

yeah leah. good to see a pic. where r all ur cake pics? you're so generous with ur forum replies. i'd love to see some cake pics too

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 3:53am
post #8 of 50

I just finished my cakes for the weekend a little bit ago. The kitchen is even clean except for the floors. I'm very leery about delivering the wedding cake tomorrow. We have had snow, snow and freezing rain on top of that. All these wet roads will probably be nice and slick tomorrow. I don't have to go far though. The tiers are already out in the vehicle (the perfect makeshift refridgerator.

SandiOh - I hope Elmo makes it. I know how those workplace breakrooms are. WHere I used to work, I swear you could put rotten produce in there and somebody would steal it. We used to get so mad!

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 3:55am
post #9 of 50

Working on a small two tiered zebra cake. Really tired of those but that what's she wants. Kind of a slow weekend for me.

greengyrl26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greengyrl26 Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 3:55am
post #10 of 50

Working on a golf cake. I managed to get the golf bag & clubs done tonight. The bag is about 4" long, and was really fun to make!
LL

cakecraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecraft Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 4:00am
post #11 of 50

I'm done 2 of 3 for tomorrow...princess castle cake and a purse cake done, still have a basketball + jersey cake left to go. May leave that for the a.m., I am zonked. Getting over a killer cold, my energy levels are lowww. Anyone know a handy way of making the fondant on a basketball cake have that realistic texture?

cakecraft Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 4:02am
post #12 of 50

Cute cakes tonight, btw! That little golf bag is adorable icon_smile.gif

greengyrl26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greengyrl26 Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 4:08am
post #13 of 50

Thanks! It was fun. Gotta make the golfer tomorrow & cover the board. But for tonight...I'm off to bed!

cdavis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cdavis Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 4:08am
post #14 of 50

I finished a 3-tier wedding cake for tomorrow. Still have the groom's cake to do but it's only a 1/4 sheet. It's baked, just not iced. I guess I spent too much time at the hospital holding my new granddaughter!!! We went to the hospital on Monday night and she didn't get her until yesterday. Sure messes with the cake schedule but Grandma's got to keep baking to pay for all those bag and bags and bags of little pink things she bought for the little one. She's a peach.

onlymadaresane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onlymadaresane Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 4:25am
post #15 of 50

That golf bag is adorable!

leah_s Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 4:28am
post #16 of 50

I just finished the ugliest cake I've ever made. My brain must have gone on strike. It's laughable. I'm tearing it up. It's a dummy. ugh

leah_s Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 4:37am
post #17 of 50

There was a thread on here about texture on a football. Some of the suggestions were: imprinting with a grater, using the grass tip as an imprinter, clean piece of screen and there were more but that's all I remember now.

Suzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzycakes Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 4:40am
post #18 of 50

I'm here too. I just finished a 1/2 sheet cake for a baby shower tomorrow. And close to finish on a 2 tier 1st birthday cake with a 'look who's sprouting up theme!" It will have a bunny rabbit and carrots on it. It's nice that it's a little different than the usual 1st b'day themes.

Then I still have 8 dzn petit fours to knock out tonight. The top decorations are ready - so that part should go very quickly.

Yes Leahs - I've been meaning to tell you that I love your new avator! Very sassy!!

Suze

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 4:40am
post #19 of 50

No cake tomorrow, just a couple of tastings with brides. I've been searching the internet for crystal topper and crystal cake trim for a bride a met with today. My first wedding cake of the new year is next weekend.

leah_s Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 4:46am
post #20 of 50

Not crystal, but I have rhinestone crowns on my website www.LouisvilleWeddingCake.com and I use a lot of rhinestone trim. Usually the three row stuff.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 4:49am
post #21 of 50

Totally done. I had 2 pick ups today. A skateboard cake and a regular 2-tier cake. It snowed and everything shuts down around here when that happens.

leah_s Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 4:56am
post #22 of 50

There's a prediction for snow here too, but so far, it's only raining. ::crosses fingers and hopes for rain::

in2cakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
in2cakes2 Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 4:59am
post #23 of 50

I'm doing a 3-D monster truck and a football both for Sunday.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 5:02am
post #24 of 50

Look at this picture of our back deck. I know it isn't as much snow as some other parts of the country, but our area is not used to it. That means our road crews are not used to it either. This is what I get to deliver in tomorrow....and they're calling for a few more inches tonight!
LL

Classycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Classycakes Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 5:02am
post #25 of 50

Spent all week preparing dummies and samples for a wedding show tomorrow (Saturday) but don't think it's going to happen now. Blizzard here all day and is supposed to continue on into tomorrow as well so I imagine it will be cancelled. This blasted snow is ruining all my week's work icon_mad.gif

aggiechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiechef Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 5:07am
post #26 of 50

I'm cake free for this weekend, but I've got a load of Valentine cookies to start working on. I'm excited because I just got my Wilton Lip cookie cutter in the mail today. I realized, today, that it's the little things in life that get me excited. icon_smile.gif

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 5:08am
post #27 of 50

Jammjenks your looking a little better then us and we don't have good road crews either. Hence, why everything got picked up today. It was pretty bad with the snow coming down.

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 5:08am
post #28 of 50

hi gals !! I just made my first batch ever of MMF and it is AWESOME !!! oh my god where has this been all my life !!?? It was so easy to make, so cheap, so quick, so tasty and did i mention how easy?? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I also made my first batch of boiled/poured sugar. It was a blast and thanks to some ladies and their helpful advice I am actually making progress in the clean up. THANKS LADIES!!!

so how is everyone???

leah_s Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 5:10am
post #29 of 50

Did you guys hear that Washington DC might get 30 inches of snow? WHOA!

cakecraft Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 5:15am
post #30 of 50

We're getting lots of snow here tonight too. Thanks for the ideas Leah, I'll likely try those out tomorrow. Kitchen is clean, off to bed. Night all!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%