Mailing A Cake

Decorating By clysh Updated 7 Feb 2010 , 5:47am by mrsmudrash

clysh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clysh Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 1:20am
post #1 of 3

How do I mail a 6" round cake made with fondant? I have a bride who want to see and taste the cake, she lives in AZ and i am in WA. for the wedding itself, I am flying to AZ to make the cake.

2 replies
cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 1:33am
post #2 of 3

I wouldn't recommend it because I believe there was some one on this site that did it and it didn't make it. She had given them some specifics on what side to keep the cake upright and had fragile all over it. So much of the mail delivery system is automated and it is virtually impossible to keep things from going wrong. icon_sad.gif

mrsmudrash Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsmudrash Posted 7 Feb 2010 , 5:47am
post #3 of 3

I mailed a cake from Portland to Seattle and it made it totally fine! There were a few broken flower pieces, but all in all totally in tact...here's the pics:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1520478

The KEY was to mail it in a CLEAR container so that the USPS people could see what was inside!!! I think they were a lot more careful and that's why it did okay. I used ganache filling and glued it to the cake board with chocolate. I wrote all over it - CAKE - THIS SIDE UP!!!!

So, find a clear container that is big enough to fit the samples and send it on it's way! At least it's not the real thing...she's only going to taste it! icon_smile.gif

Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%