How Do I Do The Top Of This Cake? Help...

Decorating By yummycupcake Updated 5 Feb 2010 , 4:27pm by tastyart

yummycupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummycupcake Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 3:36pm
post #1 of 3

I am new in cake decorating. I saw this cake and I will love to do it for my son's birthday. Does anyone know how to do tigger and the name for this technique?

He has another cake using the same technique
Thanks!! icon_smile.gif

2 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 3:43pm
post #2 of 3

id say its lumps of shaped fondant, and black piping in ri (or bc). id start with a printed image, cover in baking paper or something so you can shape the fondant to the right size/ shape.
as for a name for the technique, im thinking bas relief?

tastyart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastyart Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 4:27pm
post #3 of 3

That's the name I would give it too. The cake artist said in the comments that she made it with marzipan. You can also PM the decorator and ask if she would give you instructions.

Quote by @%username% on %date%