CCC2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CCC2010 Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 2:38pm
post #1 of 12

Time to make cake!!

11 replies
JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 4:14pm
post #2 of 12

I saw that D.C. is expecting up to 2 feet! My first thought was that I might FINALLY catch my friend at home. I've been trying to reach her since Christmas to catch up, so I plan to call her this afternoon.

joyfullysweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joyfullysweet Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 4:36pm
post #3 of 12

Yeah the only thing about that it I'm supposed to take a cake to my dad's tonight. That's not happening! lol

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 4:30am
post #4 of 12

I ran out yesterday to get all my ingredients for my cake orders. But I miss calculated that I had to run out early this morning. I'm glad that I did it wasn't long before it started snowing. Now it's raining. The other storm is coming tomorrow. So I will be baking thumbs_up.gif

TheDomesticDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheDomesticDiva Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 4:50am
post #5 of 12

We are getting slammed!! Snowed in, under a blizzard warning. Expecting up to 30 inches. Definately not going out anytime soon, we are under whiteout conditions. Hoping we don't lose power!!

bigsisof3kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigsisof3kids Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 10:57pm
post #6 of 12

Here in the Detroit area, we're only expecting a foot or so. I cannot believe how big of a story it is on the news though... we live in Michigan, people! You'd think they'd never seen snow before, lol. I plan on staying in the next day or two, snow somehow makes things more cozy to me, I like it icon_smile.gif

Be careful on those roads, and happy baking to those of you who have orders to fill!

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 12:44am
post #7 of 12

At this time I am soooo glad I live in the south but ya'll can remind me of that when it's sooooo darn hot this summer and I am not a happy camper. I hate the humid heat! I NEED to be a snow bird!

misserica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misserica Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 10:09pm
post #8 of 12

JustToEatCake, I will switch with you. Right now we are over a foot and its coming down hard, we have white out conditions. I would love the humid heat!! I enjoy spring and summer here but winter is misery!

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 10 Feb 2010 , 10:43pm
post #9 of 12

and to think my family and friends use to tease me for living in Buffalo! We hardly have had any snow, whose laughing now? lol

Adevag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adevag Posted 11 Feb 2010 , 2:17am
post #10 of 12

I think the biggest problem in the DC area is that this much snow is not common. They are not used to handling so much snow at once so everything shuts down!!!
My husband works in DC and has stayed with a friend that lives next to an underground metro station (the only ones running) and has not been able to get home for three nights now. He can't drive because there is no where to park in DC b/c of the snow emergency routes, and no buses to take him to the metro from where we live. Today, his work was closed but he was still stuck at his friend's house. Hopefully we get to see him tomorrow.

misserica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misserica Posted 12 Feb 2010 , 2:34am
post #11 of 12

Public schools here are closed again tomorrow, 3 days off for the kids and teachers, but they took Presidents Day from us and our 4 day Memorial Day weekend. Snow! Blech!!

manahigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manahigh Posted 13 Feb 2010 , 4:09pm
post #12 of 12

Did you hear that 49 of 50 states had snow on the ground yesterday?? Hawaii was the only hold out when the Florida panhandle got a dusting yesterday afternoon. Here in Baton Rouge we got several inches. It snowed these huge beautiful flakes for almost four hours. Of course it was all melted away before nightfall. Usually a very rare occurance this far south but it was the third time this winter that snow fell here. (second time there wasn't even any accumulation) Global warming?!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%