My Sister Is Facing Brain Surgery

Lounge By indydebi Updated 16 Jan 2012 , 11:44pm by poohsmomma

inspiredbymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inspiredbymom Posted 11 Jan 2012 , 11:32pm
post #211 of 220

I just ran across this thread and have spent the last hour reading all of the posts. Although it is so sad that you lost your sister and BFF, I am so happy to hear that you had all of those months to rejoice in her life. I will pray for you and your family to have peace and strength while you go through this. I am truly sorry for your loss.

Cakery2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakery2012 Posted 12 Jan 2012 , 12:41am
post #212 of 220

Debi ,I.am so sorry for the loss of your sister . My.deepest sympathy to you and her family .

Cathrine123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathrine123 Posted 12 Jan 2012 , 8:22am
post #213 of 220

Debi, I am so sorry to hear about your sister passing icon_sad.gif my thoughts and prayers are with your family. I have been thinking about the both of you a lot recently she seemed a very lovely lady. I am pleased that your sister was able to spend more time than originally anticipated and especially that she had her last Christmas with her son. she will forever live on in you all icon_smile.gif sending big loving warming hugs from the UK

klangl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klangl Posted 12 Jan 2012 , 8:24am
post #214 of 220

Debi,
I'm so sorry for your loss, thank you for sharing your stories with us!
I recently lost my FIL in September, he was diagonsed in late Aug with brain cancer, only after Two previous scans one in May and the other in July came back clear, I wished we would have had more time to prepare, spend time, etc... So glad that you shared your sister with the rest of us, rejoice in knowing she is no longer in pain. God bless you and your family!!

enchantedcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enchantedcreations Posted 12 Jan 2012 , 2:48pm
post #215 of 220

You're in my thoughts and prayers.

CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 13 Jan 2012 , 1:08am
post #216 of 220

I know Deb posted the link but here is the actual obit. CJ was a beautiful lady and I had the pleasure of taking care of her prior to her first surgery. She was a very sweet lady and her husband Randy was a sweetheart too. Rest in Peace CJ!

Carla Jean CJ Calvelage, 51, loving wife, mother and grandmother, 51, went home peacefully to be with the Lord on Tuesday, January 10.
CJ was born August 17, 1960 in Richmond to Lorin and Marilyn Shepherd Toschlog. She was a 1978 graduate of Northeastern High School. She was united in marriage to Randy Calvelage on September 8, 1979 and was blessed with 32 years of marriage and the opportunity to raise 2 sons. She retired from Belden in 2010 after 31 years of service, where she worked as a marketing and pricing estimator.
CJ was a devoted member of the Williamsburg Church of the Nazarene. She was active in Bible study, youth groups, taught Sunday school, served as treasurer and sang in the choir.
CJ will be missed by her husband of 32 years, Randy, of Fountain City; her sons, Derek Ryan Calvelage and his wife, Julia, of Richmond; Jason Tyler Calvelage and his wife, Laura, of Killeen, Texas; grandchildren, Tyler Scott Calvelage and Jacob Alan Calvelage; parents, Lorin and Marilyn Toschlog, of Richmond; sisters & brothers-in-law, Debi & Phil Brim, of Indianapolis; Sandy & Rick Seider, of Fountain City; Lori & Jerry Roots, of Richmond; brother, Darin Toschlog, of Richmond; and several aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces and nephews.
CJ was preceded in death by a sister, Vicky Sue Toschlog, in 2007; and brother, Michael Toschlog, in 1975.
A funeral ceremony will be conducted by Pastor Scott Robinson at 11:00 am on Saturday, January 14, at the Williamsburg Church of the Nazarene, 8503 Pleasant Street, Williamsburg. Interment will follow in Willow Grove Cemetery in Fountain City.
Family and friends may gather for visitation from 3-8 pm on Friday, January 13, at the Smith & McQuiston Funeral Home, 321 US 27 South, Fountain City.
CJ personally requested that memorial contributions be sent to the Williamsburg Church of the Nazarene, 8503 Pleasant Street, Williamsburg, Indiana 47393.
Condolences may be expressed online at www.smithmcquistonwebster.com .

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 15 Jan 2012 , 2:12am
post #217 of 220

Thanks, again, to everyone for the wonderful support, outpouring of love, and the comments. I am treasuring them all. She impacted a great many people. The funeral director told me today that there were over 500 people at her viewing yesterday. the funeral service was held today at her church and there wasn't an empty seat.

One last short story: Her daughter-in-law came up from Texas (married to the military son) and had wished for snow. Here in Indiana, it was 50 degrees and sunshine .... spring-like weather .... the week before (up to the DAY before) she died but during these last 3 days, we've had snow and very cold temps. When Phil and I left the after-service dinner today, we noticed the sun was shining, the temps were up and the snow was melting. So we are swearing that CJ is up there saying, "My DIL Laura wanted snow, so we have to have some snow for just a couple of days!"

Looks like God granted CJ one more favor!! icon_lol.gif

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 16 Jan 2012 , 3:59pm
post #218 of 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

tokazodo, here is a link to the obit info:

http://www.smithmcquiston.com/obits/obituary.php?id=142257

Again .... thanks for all of the comments and support. I am overwhelmed by the outpouring of emotion. She was definitely a "George Bailey" and impacted so many in her lifetime.

Thank you Debi. What a beautiful life.

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 16 Jan 2012 , 7:57pm
post #219 of 220

Debi,
I'm so sorry to hear of your sister's passing. From everything I have read on this forum, she was a wonderful and courageous woman. Take care of yourself in this time of grieving. You and your family will remain in my thoughts and prayers.

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 16 Jan 2012 , 11:44pm
post #220 of 220

Debi,
I have followed this story of your sister since you first shared it with us. From your stories and anecdotes, she seemed to be a courageous and spunky gal. Her whole family must have felt so blessed that she had more time than originally thought with them...and one more Christmas. I'm sure they made great memories with her.
Prayers and hugs to you and all your family.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%