Help: How To Make A Barefoot Waterskier Cake!!!!!!!??????

Decorating By SomethingSweetbyJ

SomethingSweetbyJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SomethingSweetbyJ Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 3:22am
post #1 of 1

This is long: but here is an email I just got. I know this cake will be complicated, but I want the challenge. This woman has a lot of money and she is has brought a lot of business my way. She is also in the wedding industry, so she is a good friend to have. I need to make her an extrodinary cake. I have never done a cake before where I had to replicate water. This cake needs to be polished, classy, yet still have an element of fun in it. Here is the email she just sent me:

My husband is a barefoot waterskier, yes he waterskiis on his barefeet, and he's actually the National jump record holder in the US right now. My idea for this cake would be to make sort of a replica of the training lake with a boat in the lake, a barefoot jump, and possibly a barefoot skier flying over the jump to represent my husband. All in all, it wouldn't be a tiered cake, it would be flat and it has a lot of sand around it so like I see on Cake Boss, you could use brown sugar for the sand and some sort of gel for the water and I could give you all the pictures you need to replicate the lake for me. I don't know how we could get a skier going over the jump but if we couldn't do that, we could possibly have just a barefooter being pulled behind the boat, but still put the jump and jump course in the lake like we have it in the actual lake. I don't know if any of this is possible but if you could somehow do this it would be awesome!

So about the lake... it's a half mile mile long lake, as straight as an arrow. It has sand banks that rise above it to protect it from the wind because wind can affect everything in the world of barefooting. We actually hold barefooting tournaments on the lake every summer so we have bleachers and an announcers tower on it also, along with a boat barn. There is a starting dock on both ends of the lake as well.. The jump is about 6' long and is about a foot out of the water, made of fiberglass. There are booies that mark the jump course for the boat as well as to mark where the barefooter lands after his/her jump. I don't know how detailed you can get with a cake, but the closer you can get, the better. I hope we can figure out something to suprise him with icon_smile.gif

Let me know what you think icon_smile.gif

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%