How Much To Charge For Cookie Decorating Party For 4 Kids?

Baking By xiswtsawluiix Updated 4 Feb 2010 , 7:16pm by xiswtsawluiix

xiswtsawluiix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xiswtsawluiix Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 3:19am
post #1 of 3

My boss wants to host a cookie decorating party for her two kids and nieces and nephew for Valentine's Day. She wants me to bake the cookies and set up everything that will be needed for a cookie decorating party at her home. Problem is, I don't know how much to charge her. I feel the money issue is such a delicate matter, but I am very flattered that she thinks I am good enough to coordinate this. Advice is much needed.

Also, if any of you have hosted a cookie decorating party for young kids (ages 6-12) advice on prepping, supplies, etc would be much much appreciated.

TIA!!!

2 replies
Mel2085 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mel2085 Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 3:26am
post #2 of 3

I would say figure out what it is going to cost you for the cookies, and frosting, and other decorations (sprinkles, and stuff like that) and then figure your time making the cookies and what you are going to be spending there helping....If you want to make a profit figure what would be reasonable. I say if it is for 2 dozen cookies, I would say 20.00 for the decorations and cookies, and then another 20 for your time.....if it is a few hours.....or maybe 50.00 for everything that way you have time to clean and wear and tear on your supplies if you supply them with piping bags and tips to use. That is what I would say!

xiswtsawluiix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xiswtsawluiix Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 7:16pm
post #3 of 3

I was completely lost on where to begin with pricing. Thanks for the pricing suggestion. It sounds very reasonable.

I love the forums on CC! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%