Help! Decorated Cookie Problem!!

Baking By KATHIESKREATIONS Updated 4 Feb 2010 , 1:59am by djs328

KATHIESKREATIONS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 6:02pm
post #1 of 8

icon_surprised.gif We are supposed to be getting a lot of snow & ice Fri & Sat of this week. I have an order for sugar cookies decorated with MRBC then accented with RI for a baby shower being held this Sat afternoon.

I need to decorate these ahead of time so they are dry, but I won't know until Fri night if they are going to postpone or not. I am afraid to just let them sit invidually wrapped for too long (like the following weekend) & I think freezing the decorated cookies could pose a problem with colors running while thawing out.

Any suggestions? icon_sad.gif

7 replies
bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 8:46pm
post #2 of 8

Hi,

I'm in Maryland too... and I'm so sick of this winter weather!!

Freezing cookies with RI should be fine. Here are some links to threads that discuss it, in case you want to read what other people do...

freezing cookies
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-633905.html

freezing & using RI
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-632656.html

hope that helps!

Bonnie

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 11:04pm
post #3 of 8

I have cookie sitting in the freezer with glace and they are still lookin good!

KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 11:21pm
post #4 of 8

I am just afraid that the colored RI will run onto the MRBC from the condensation when I go to thaw them...If they postpone the shower, then I will have to freeze them decorated until they set another date..........that is the dilemma I need help with. CAN I FREEZE COOKIES THAT ARE DECORATED WITH COLORED RI ACCENTS SUCCESSFULLY? icon_confused.gif

djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 11:49pm
post #5 of 8

Ditto on this snow! Can't wait for SPRING!!!

I know I have frozen cookies decorated w/RI and they were fine...(not sure what MRBC is??) The trick is to defrost them in the container you froze them in, and NOT open it...For example, I froze mine in the individual cello bags (they were for favors) and just left them in the bags to defrost. Worked fine for me.
Not sure if that helps you, but I feel your pain with the snow....certainly puts you in a tough spot! Hopefully we won't get what they are calling for... icon_smile.gif

Ursula40 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ursula40 Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 12:16am
post #6 of 8

The cookies would keep until the following weekend. No need to freeze, at least I have yet to find someone, who would not eat mine after 2 weeks, some have eaten them 3 weeks later and still found them good. If you buy packaged cookies, you seldom get them when they are just 2 weeks old, by the time they arrive in China, where I live, thay are a lot older than that and people still buy the packaged ones, so why would yours not keeo that long?

KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 12:28am
post #7 of 8

Thank you so much for your help! Mine are also for favors & they will be sealed in the individual bags. Guess I will go ahead & start decorating them tomorrow then just in case this shower is a go regardless of the snow. I was thinking if they couldn't freeze & the shower was postponed to far out, that I would just take them to the hospital's maternity ward & give them away...that would put a smile on someone's face! icon_lol.gif Oh yes, MRBC is Marshmallow Rolled Butter Cream....great icing recipe I got here on CC. Great tasting & very easy to work with. icon_wink.gif

djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 1:59am
post #8 of 8

I will have to check out that recipe! ALways looking to play with new fun stuff! icon_wink.gif
I'm pretty sure that I read that leaving them in the bag (or container) sealed cuts down on the condensation factor. Good luck!! icon_smile.gif Try to stay warm this weekend!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%