New Commercial Cake Kitchen

Business By Saharan1965 Updated 3 Feb 2010 , 7:10pm by Saharan1965

Saharan1965 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Saharan1965 Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 2:43pm
post #1 of 3

My cousin and I are opening a commercial cake kitchen inside a party store. There is no kitchen...just an empty shell. We own a restaurant and were taking that kitchen apart and using a lot of the counters and sinks. But as far as other equipment, what will we need? I made cakes in my home kitchen but never in an actually commercial style area.
What are the neccessities and do's and dont's of what we will need. My step sister just shut down her bakery in another county and Im trying to buy all of her equipment also.

2 replies
CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 2:47pm
post #2 of 3

You'll have to check with your local HD.

Saharan1965 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Saharan1965 Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 7:10pm
post #3 of 3

I understand that and Im waiting on them to call me back. But as far as having the right gear. Health department aside. They are not the bakers or the decorators. lol As far as making the right cakes...the shelving, mixer, fridge, ovens, what works out the best in a commercial setting. I found a 20 qt mixer for around 600 bucks. Were buying a new oven. I have to get a cooler and a freezer also. What are must haves in a commercial cake kitchen. And what can we do without for a while....?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%