Making Zebra Stripes...

Decorating By khasbargen Updated 6 Feb 2010 , 2:03am by preciosa225

khasbargen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khasbargen Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 8:12pm
post #1 of 10

How do I do that?! It looks so cool, and my cousin's 16th birthday is coming up, and she loves all of that stuff. I was thinking I could do something like so many of you have done, the zebra stripes and polka dots, but I'm at a loss! Do you free hand the stripes? Or is there a template that I'm missing?

Thanks for the help!! You guys are always so helpful!

9 replies
FierceConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FierceConfections Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 8:26pm
post #2 of 10

This is a two part tutorial:

snocilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snocilla Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 8:27pm
post #3 of 10

I have done two cakes with zebra stripes. Both are in my photos. I just use a fondant cutter to cut out random stripes of various widths and lengths. I try to make them come to a bit of a point on the ends. Then I just place them on the cake (I always put them directly on buttercream). Hope this helps!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 9:04pm
post #4 of 10

You can paint the stripes onto fondant with black icing color. It's actually not that hard, you don't need a template but it's not a bad idea to have a picture of zebra stripes for a reference.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 9:17pm
post #5 of 10

I free handed mine. I just cut out strips in different thicknesses and not straight and then placed them on the cake.

Thiara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Thiara Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 9:17pm
post #6 of 10

You can use a stencil to either apply with royal icing or cut out. Here is the link: http://www.designerstencils.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=DS&Product_Code=C452&Category_Code=

khasbargen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khasbargen Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 9:17pm
post #7 of 10

Thanks for all of your help!! I knew I could ask! icon_smile.gif I will be making the cake for next weekend! I pray that it turns out like it is in my head!

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 1:31am
post #8 of 10

I also free hand mine, there in my cake pics, one is black and white the other is hot pink stripes,

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 1:44am
post #9 of 10

Wow. Will those stencils work with airbrush? That would be so easy to do zebra stripes with that stencil if you could just airbrush it.

preciosa225 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
preciosa225 Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 2:03am
post #10 of 10

save

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%