littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 2:06am
post #1 of 31

does it help your business?

30 replies
CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 2:10am
post #2 of 31

Yes. I've booked several party cakes through my connections on there.

Jenthecakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenthecakelady Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 2:13am
post #3 of 31

We just started a facebook page today. Hopefully it will help with ours, but we are a restaurant and bar that offers full service catering and now custom cakes. For us it will be a way to let our "fans" keep up with entertainment, specials, etc. and gives them another way to initiate contact if they are interested in catering or have other questions. It's only been up for a few hours and we have 27 fans, so it looks like the word is getting out. We'll see about whether or not it helps on bringing in business in time.

tara22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tara22 Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 2:20am
post #4 of 31

I have a facebook page and don't know what i would do without it! I would prob say that at least half of my business comes from facebook! And the best part is that it's FREE ADVERTISING!!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 2:21am
post #5 of 31

I have a FB fan page and I LOVE it! It helps me so much in getting free advertising. It also allows me to notify of scheduling issues.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 9:21pm
post #6 of 31

Best bit of advertising I have EVER done, and it didn't cost me a dime!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 9:22pm
post #7 of 31

Wow! That's good to know!

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 9:59pm
post #8 of 31

It has helped me a lot too, although I have gotten a few emails from people who want to order a cake and have it shipped! haha!

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 10:17pm
post #9 of 31

I've had a facebook fan page for a while and get a LOT of business from it. Great free advertising!

thecookieladycc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecookieladycc Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 11:21pm
post #10 of 31

Yes I do..... just got it up last week!

adventuregal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adventuregal Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 11:24pm
post #11 of 31

I've gotten alot of people interested in my cakes through Facebook. People that didn't know I did them can find out through my status updates or to look through the gallery. You can also create a fan page where you can post things exclusive to your business like specials you have that week or times you might be gone on vacation etc.

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 11:41pm
post #12 of 31

I have one too! It's great for referrals too. You have one fan who makes comments about how awesome their cake was then their friends fan you and before you know it you have a ton of business!

Mel2085 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mel2085 Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 11:59pm
post #13 of 31

I did a page and wasn't getting much because of it until I posted that for the first 25, 50, and 75 fans I would do a drawing and give them 10% off an order or a free dozen cookies! And now I am up to 72 fans!! It is great because I've noticed there are a lot of people that I don't know but other people I do know has suggested my site to them!! Great idea and it is FREE!!!!

JoyRide Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoyRide Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 12:37am
post #14 of 31

I'm in the process of setting mine up now. I'm opening a cupcake truck business (like Cupcake Stop, Buttercream Philadelphia, etc) here in my city, and I'm hoping Facebook will be a big thing for me since I'm in a big college town. icon_smile.gif I also plan on using Twitter too to update my stops and let people know where they can find me in town.

greengyrl26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greengyrl26 Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 12:53am
post #15 of 31

My FB page has almost 700 fans, and honesty, it accounts for probably 75% of my business. You should definitely have one!

CajunCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CajunCakery Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 1:16am
post #16 of 31

I agree, Facebook has helped me alot! Free advertising is always the best.

gmorriello Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gmorriello Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 1:29am
post #17 of 31

I use facebook as well. It is a great way to inform your fans of different techniques that you are using...trends in cakes, etc. I really enjoy keeping in touch with everyone in this forum. Also, your friends can forward your page to their friends, and them onto theirs. Try it!

Tee-Y Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tee-Y Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 7:51am
post #18 of 31

Facebook changed the face of my business!!!I've got lots of biz thru facebook and its brought a lot of awareness to people who never knew what I did. I've made cakes for people I've not seen in over 10-20yrs and its simply incredible the reach you can get thru facebook .Advertising is free and truly its a must have for most businesses today.

pattycakes55d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakes55d Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 8:27am
post #19 of 31

My daughter put some of my cakes up on facebook and it went from there. I have 99% of my business from facebook and they'll all referrals now. Here's what else we did. Say we had jenny as a friend. we would go and invite her friends. The circle just gets bigger and bigger. it's amazing. I have over 1,000 friends.

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 3:33pm
post #20 of 31

I have a facebook page, but haven't done much with it yet. Everyone's responses are telling me to get off my butt and start making it work!

pattycakes55d Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 2:18am
post #21 of 31

cookiemeister everything you make is so great, you should get out there. people will really go crazy over yours

CookieMeister Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 3:55am
post #22 of 31

Oh, thanks Pattycakes! That's so sweet.

thecookieladycc Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 5:45am
post #23 of 31

I came across this today http://apps.facebook.com/wedding_planner/?_fb_fromhash=0b092f2517d29781d813703dff7b29c0

My friend has her photography on there and she said that its like a bridal gold mind! Just got my profile on it. Hope it works!

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 1:49pm
post #24 of 31

Do any of you know what they mean on facebook promote with ad?

CookieMeister Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 4:07pm
post #25 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarcheryl

Do any of you know what they mean on facebook promote with ad?

You know the ads on the sidebar when you pull up your main page for Newsfeeds? I think it puts an ad there for you that other people see and they can click on it.

thecookieladycc Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 5:48pm
post #26 of 31

You pay per click. You can set a max amount of $$ you want to spend on it, and once it reaches that amount the ad is done for the day. So for example you set a daily max of $5 with $.50 a click. They only charge you if someone clicks on your ad, and once your ad has been clicked 10 times it will be inactive for the rest of the day. The more you pay the more frequent your ad will be shown.

AverageMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AverageMom Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 6:02pm
post #27 of 31

I just tried to check a few of you out on facebook...is anyone else having trouble signing in, or is it just meÉ
Oh! And look! I seem to have lost my question marks, and my `quote`marks.

I`m thinking perhaps a computer gremlin...

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 7:03pm
post #28 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageMom

I just tried to check a few of you out on facebook...is anyone else having trouble signing in, or is it just meÉ
Oh! And look! I seem to have lost my question marks, and my `quote`marks.

I`m thinking perhaps a computer gremlin...

Oh, you've done that French keyboard thing. There's a magic combination of keys which turns your keyboard into a French one, which is easily done by accident. Depending on what your system is, you can google 'keyboard typing French' and various fixits will come up.
Hope that helps!

AverageMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AverageMom Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 7:48pm
post #29 of 31

Thanks, Tubbs! I did the old standby...I turned it off, and then back on. Magic! However, it still didn't fix my facebook issues. What is the fun in staying home sick if I can't play on facebook?!!

pattycakes55d Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 8:34pm
post #30 of 31

maybe this might help others. I create albums of cake pics and people can go through the albums and get ideas, inspiration, etc. Of course no charge from Facebook for that.

You can create an event too. To do that, it's on the right hand side also. You can say whatever directing them to your photo albums or website, etc. What's good about an event is that you can send it to all your friends' wall page.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%