Meeting Went Good :)

Business By mommabuda Updated 2 Feb 2010 , 12:14am by adventuregal

mommabuda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommabuda Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 12:00am
post #1 of 2

We met with the city planner/zoning office today and it seems like we can go ahead with planning our addition. He seemed to make a big stink about neighbors though. He's worried that neighbors will complain. Seriously, how much more traffic would I have if I'm just doing cakes, cookies, cupcakes & candies? Most orders will be taken over the phone or online. He was worried about delivery trucks. We said we would be using our minivan and as for UPS or whatever, it's not like I would have shipments everyday... lol... the guy just seemed a bit clueless on the whole thing but he's gonna give us the okay if we can meet all of the requirements for a home business. This way we don't have to change the zoning of our neighborhood. He called where we live "exclusive"... lol... made me feel pretty good about my home! So now we have to figure out how to add onto our house (it cannot be part of the garage which kinda stinks because that's what we were planning) but at least we got a firsthand "okay" and my dreams aren't crushed icon_smile.gif

1 reply
adventuregal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adventuregal Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 12:14am
post #2 of 2

that sounds great!!! I hope it all goes well for you-and hey maybe your neighbors will have pride knowing they have a successful cake decorator next door.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%