Bowling Alley Cake! Help!

Decorating By sweetneice Updated 2 Feb 2010 , 5:44pm by kweenofengland

sweetneice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetneice Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 4:43pm
post #1 of 4

Hey guys! This is my first order for a fondant strip going across the middle of the cake to look like a bowling lane with pins and a ball. How would I make the Lane? The pins and ball are no problem, but the alley lane is what's getting me. Any suggestions? TIA

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 12:10am
post #2 of 4

I would ;make a stirp what ever size fits the cake.....
Really not sure what your looking for......you don't give us much info icon_smile.gif Make it a light brownish yellowish color and paint some color on it to make it wood looking. If it's a sheet cake make it the length of the sheet by about 3" wide. It's really hard to give you more help w/o knowing more.....icon_sad.gif

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 12:21am
post #3 of 4

i do believe that there are pix in the gallery ... i have seen this particular scene.. in someones cake.. hth

kweenofengland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kweenofengland Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 5:44pm
post #4 of 4

I have done a bowling alley cake. It was fun. Actually the pins were the hardest thing ever! for the lane, i just took light brown MMF and topped the cake (my cake was the lane). Before i would put it on the cake, i made impression of the wood using the cutting tool? just careful not to cut through. make it look like the seams of hardwood. I dont think i painted on 'lane' but if i had one to do now, i would use food coloring and vodka to paint on wood design. It really was very easy. you can handle it!
I have attached a pic of my bowling alley cake. I did this about 3 years ago!
Good luck.
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1161198.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%