Is My Beater Blade Ruined?

Decorating By DefyGravity Updated 31 Jan 2010 , 6:55pm by chelseak

DefyGravity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DefyGravity Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 4:10pm
post #1 of 6

My beater blade got thrown in the dishwasher. Its not shiny anymore, and while I'm not hung up so much on that, I'm just wondering if its still going to be safe to use, or if there's anything I can do to resuscitate it.

Thanks icon_smile.gif

5 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 4:21pm
post #2 of 6

oxidation happens.

it's called aging

it's called patina (think copper and how it turns green -- can you imagine Lady Liberty in any other color?)

it's fine.

it's just "well used"

djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 4:40pm
post #3 of 6

I always hand wash mine, but mainly b/c my whip got thrown in a while back and the same thing happened. I think it's probably fine. icon_smile.gif

AngelaM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelaM Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 4:56pm
post #4 of 6

The KA manual tells you not to put it in the dishwasher for that reason, because it will discolor. But it's completely fine to use.

DefyGravity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DefyGravity Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 6:55pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaM

The KA manual tells you not to put it in the dishwasher for that reason, because it will discolor. But it's completely fine to use.

Mine was a display model and didn't come with the instruction manual, so I missed that tidbit of information, haha.

Thanks for the answers guys!

chelseak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelseak Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 6:55pm
post #6 of 6

Same thing happened to mine (thanks mom) but when I wiped it off after it was dry, the dark stuff wiped off too... I wasn't sure if I should use it so I just got another one.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%