AngieD300 Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 2:41am
post #31 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by makeminepink

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedist

Quote:
Originally Posted by anricat

I wonder how much it's going to be. As a side note, I always pronounced it "cry - cut" in my head. Ha!

Me too!! even though, I know it's cricut, I just can't get the cry-cut out icon_smile.gif

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one--only I actually said it to someone who laughed!

Ah, good to see I'm not alone...I would even ask for the "Cry-cut" at the stores & no one corrected me. Then one day when i was looking at "Cry-cut" products, i happened to notice the CRICKET icon... Ohhhh, i get it now. icon_redface.gif

calitexan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calitexan Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 6:38pm
post #32 of 34

I had NO idea you could use a cricut for cake! (and I pronounce it in my head as crycut too, ayyayyay!) As much as I'd love to have the cricut cake, I only do this as a hobby and $400 is a bit rich for my blood!

I'm definitely now interested in the expression, they are going for around $200 on ebay!

aDBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aDBakes Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 10:51pm
post #33 of 34

Hello for the first time icon_biggrin.gif I bought a Cricut specifically to use for cake decorating and I have tried countless times to get my fondant and gumpaste just right for the machine with NO luck.

Does anyone know for sure that the blade they use for Cricut Cake is the same as the deep cutting blade?

brooklyncaillouet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brooklyncaillouet Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 1:21am
post #34 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmansmom2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyncaillouet

Linda McClure is the person who started all of this. She invented the method of cake decorating using the Cricut. She is the one that has the DVD's teaching you how to do this. She taught Carrie Biggers how to use the Cricut. Be sure to watch the TLC Ultimate Cake Off because at least 3 teams are using the Cricut in their challenges. I met her at CHA in California and she told me she has a new technique that is as exciting as the Cricut is. She will be showing this new technique at the Austin cake show at the end of Feb. Anytime I have a question she is willing to help me and I really appreciate that.

Any idea if Linda's new technique in Austin will be a workshop or class? I looked on their itinerary and didn't see her listed anywhere. I'd love to see what she's unveiling.

I emailed her and she said she has another great idea and will show it at the Austin show. She said "You thought the Cricut was great, just wait until you see this!" Now I am for sure going.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%