Has Anyone Used Hcg Shots For Weight Loss?

Lounge By lulus Updated 31 Jan 2010 , 9:54pm by Texas_Rose

lulus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lulus Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 8:34pm
post #1 of 7

Weight gain is a by-product of having PCOS, and I've gained 30 pounds in two months, on top of the extra 50 I was already carrying. Diet and exercise does NOTHING for me.
Any feedback, folks?

6 replies
umgrzfn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umgrzfn Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 4:55pm
post #2 of 7

Have you tried Alli? Some of the side effects that you can have aren't great...but again...not everyone has them. It does help you think about what you put into your mouth everytime you eat tho!! I used to work in an OB/Gyn clinic and we saw a lot of people with PCOS. HcG was NOT one thing that was recommended!!

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 6:07pm
post #3 of 7

No do not recommend. I weighted 215 pounds and lost over 110 pounds in 2 years through weight watchers. I have a thryoid issues.

Exercise and portion control helps.

Be sure to check with your medical provider before attempting any diet.

I recently turned vegan and my diet and stay away from, meat, flour, dairy and sugar.

Another diet a friends mine lost weight was Dr. Gott no flour no sugar diet.

umgrzfn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umgrzfn Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 6:25pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeecakes

No do not recommend. I weighted 215 pounds and lost over 110 pounds in 2 years through weight watchers. I have a thryoid issues.

Exercise and portion control helps.

Another diet a friends mine lost weight was Dr. Gott no flour no sugar diet.

Congrats on your weightloss, however, exercise and portion control really do not help with someone who has severe PCOS. PCOS is a huge contributor to weight gain!!!! I wouldn't take things out of your diet. Just from experience and forever being over weight and on numerous diets, what I have found happens....when you start taking things out of your diet, you want them even more. Then when you get them...you over indulge on them!!!!! This is where I agree with the portion part! Everything is fine in moderation! With your situation tho, I would speak to your OB/Gyn if you have one, if not, get one! There are things that they can do to possibly help!

lulus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lulus Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 7:16pm
post #5 of 7

Thank you for your responses. Both my primary care doctor and OB/GYN recommended Metformin, and a birth control pill. I took them diligently for two years, and experienced other side effects like debilitating migraines, extreme mood swings, etc. Plus, the weight and extra hair growth were not affected positively.

I feel really frustrated. I exercise 4 times a week at least, and eat a very normal, balanced diet. The 30 lb. weight gain was with NO change to my diet at all.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 7:24pm
post #6 of 7

Have you considered speaking to a nutritionist? My mother had thyroid issues and lupus My aunt is a nutritionist and suggested that my mother had an allergy to gluten... sure enough she stopped eating it and lost about 3o lbs she's been carrying for about 15 yrs... It's surprising how often food allergies have other connections within your body..

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 9:54pm
post #7 of 7

From what I've read about HcG for weight loss, the weight loss results from eating a 500 calorie a day diet. No matter what's going on with your body, if all you eat is 500 calories a day you're going to lose weight.

I just looked up some warnings on HcG http://www.drugs.com/hcg.html it says you may need special monitoring if you're taking it and have an ovarian cyst....and other scary stuff.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%