Clean Cut Brownies

Decorating By shanasweets Updated 1 Feb 2010 , 5:58pm by Superbecky79

shanasweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanasweets Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 5:05pm
post #1 of 12

How can I get a clean cut when cutting brownies. The tops all seem to crack and jagged, then always end up with messed up pieces. All advice welcomed, please.

11 replies
SpudCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpudCake Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 5:15pm
post #2 of 12

Plastic Knife. I just cut brownies yesterday with one of those knives that grocery stores give with their cakes, it worked great no mess.

Joanne usaribbon.gif

The_Lil_Cakehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Lil_Cakehouse Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 5:22pm
post #3 of 12

I live in Norman, My Grandma is from Newcastle...Just thought I'd throw that out there. That said, there are those pans you can buy that have the perfect cut. Then you don't even have to mess with it. Just pull off the grid and they're precut icon_smile.gif

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 5:24pm
post #4 of 12

Try cooling the brownies completely and then use a pizza cutter. Works like a charm.

Personally, I like to thinly slice the harder edges off the brownies....for....myself... icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 5:52pm
post #5 of 12

Pssssst, freezer for a lil bit, or refridgeter for a few hrs.

Mike

AngelaM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelaM Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 6:09pm
post #6 of 12

I like to bake my brownies in mini muffin pans. There's no cutting to deal with, and every piece gets an edge (everybody fights over the edges in my house).

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 6:12pm
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyCakes09

I live in Norman, My Grandma is from Newcastle...Just thought I'd throw that out there. That said, there are those pans you can buy that have the perfect cut. Then you don't even have to mess with it. Just pull off the grid and they're precut icon_smile.gif

I kind of want one of those for perfect rice krispy treats too!

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 6:47pm
post #8 of 12

read on the internet try dental floss.

shanasweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanasweets Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 11:47pm
post #9 of 12

thanks for the tips. I made brownie bites yesterday, 1 in x 1 in and just had a heck of time cutting. So looking for easier way.

PS we moved back to kansas, need to change my info on here I guess. thhanks

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 12:56am
post #10 of 12

When we used to have our old shop, we let it cool, freeze for a bit and cut. All done in the same day.

Chasey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chasey Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 3:04am
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelaM

I like to bake my brownies in mini muffin pans. There's no cutting to deal with, and every piece gets an edge (everybody fights over the edges in my house).

I do this, too! My DH just bought me the Perfect Brownie pan set for Xmas and it makes suuuuper clean cut edges. They don't get as chewy like true "corners" do in a square pan, but the neatness is wonderful.

Superbecky79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Superbecky79 Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 5:58pm
post #12 of 12

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the perfect brownie pan! I make everything I can in it! I've had it since September and it has never failed me yet!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%