Changed My Website

Business By Jenn2179 Updated 4 Feb 2010 , 9:48pm by kikibakes

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 9:36pm
post #1 of 22

I just spent hours and hours updating my website and was hoping I could get some opinions from my family on CC. TIA, Jenn.

www.buymecake.com

21 replies
aggiechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiechef Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 9:47pm
post #2 of 22

I don't know what your website looked like before, but I love the way it looks. Everything is easy to find and I like that you can scroll over the cake to find out how many it serves and the price you charged for it.

BTW - your cakes are BEAUTIFUL!!! icon_smile.gif

Jenn2179 Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 9:51pm
post #3 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiechef

I don't know what your website looked like before, but I love the way it looks. Everything is easy to find and I like that you can scroll over the cake to find out how many it serves and the price you charged for it.

BTW - your cakes are BEAUTIFUL!!! icon_smile.gif

Thanks! It took forever for me to figure out how to do that but I think it was worth it because I love how professional it makes it look.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 9:55pm
post #4 of 22

' ' appears infrom of orange in standard flavours, and chocolate pound cake in the specialty flavours.

on the flowers, it says click for serving sizes and prices... no servings or prices there. just might want to change, but not a big deal i dont think.

your logo on the home page looks blurry too. might just be my computer/ screen size though?

your cakes are gorgeous! and i like the site too in general icon_smile.gif dont know/ remember what it was like before though!

really like the way you price each cake out, and that the info is easy to find, and detailed too.
xx

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 9:58pm
post #5 of 22

i think it looks awesome!

taniabanana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taniabanana Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 10:08pm
post #6 of 22

Looks good, your cakes look excellent, but you need to use a better quality pic of your logo on the front page. Did you scale it up? (It needs to be a vectored image so it doesn't lose quality when you make it bigger.)

On the contact page it should be Enquiry not Inquiry. Some people might be put off submitting a lot of personal info over a non secure page., maybe omit the address field

I personally would like to see a bigger font, only because i'm old!

Overall. great job!

Jenn2179 Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 11:05pm
post #7 of 22

Thanks for all your input so far. I have made changes to the typos and also used a bigger font for you taniabanana. I also scaled back the logo size so it won't be blury.

Jenthecakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenthecakelady Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 11:09pm
post #8 of 22

Your site looks great! The only thing I spotted was on the "FAQ" page. The last sentence says "...I love to help your design your own wedding cake." I believe it should read "...I love to help you design your own wedding cake."

I had an English/Lit. teacher in h.s. who took pictures of signs and printed out pages off the internet of misspellings and such when he saw them and hung them up in the classroom. Ever since then I have been always been able to pick those type of things out fairly quickly. (Thanks Mr. Stilwell!! LOL)

Toptier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Toptier Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 5:05am
post #9 of 22

I think the website looks great, the only thin I would add is that I didn't see any reference to your geographical area? You could put something like "serving the greater Fort Worth-Dallas area" or something like that to indicate your general area.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 5:28am
post #10 of 22

I love the layout aaaaaaaaaand the mouse-over effect.

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 5:41am
post #11 of 22

I love love love how you set up the gallery with the little circle pics! It's fun but professional!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 5:44am
post #12 of 22

I didn't see it the first time...I love how the images at the top come together like puzzle pieces! I would love to do something exciting like that to mine!

Jenn2179 Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 4:32pm
post #13 of 22

Thanks for all the input. I have made all the changes suggested so far. I really appreciate all the input. I knew you would spot all the things I missed after staring at the HTML code for hours and hours.

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 6:43pm
post #14 of 22

Your site looks very professional. I did notice some pricing incosistencies. You state that your carved/specialty cakes start at $125, yet the wine bottle cake has a label that says $80.

Bonniecakes08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bonniecakes08 Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 7:52pm
post #15 of 22

Your website is really great, your cakes are gorgeous. Good luck!

Jenn2179 Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 8:02pm
post #16 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkybaker

Your site looks very professional. I did notice some pricing incosistencies. You state that your carved/specialty cakes start at $125, yet the wine bottle cake has a label that says $80.

Thanks Snarkybaker. Made the changes. See that's why I asked you guys to look. I knew you would set me straight!

cakesweetiecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesweetiecake Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 5:39pm
post #17 of 22

Nice website!

sarkee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarkee Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 5:59pm
post #18 of 22

your cakes are beautiful

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 6:25pm
post #19 of 22

consider adding one of the many Facebook icons with the section "Buy Me Cake on Facebook" so users can immediately recognize its purpose and click on it.

metria Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 6:31pm
post #20 of 22

i LOVE how your gallery images show the servings and price info. it's so informative!!!

metria Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 6:33pm
post #21 of 22

this may be a little nit-picky, but if you can adjust the link colors to better suit your overall design, that'd be neat. by default, the links i haven't clicked on are blue and visited links are purple. that unfortunately clashes with your lovely rose colored site.

i love how fast your gallery pages load.

overall, nice job, i'm definitely bookmarking it!

kikibakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikibakes Posted 4 Feb 2010 , 9:48pm
post #22 of 22

Love your website! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%