Nfl Vs Saints Fans

Lounge By dldbrou Updated 3 Feb 2010 , 4:21am by tatorchip

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 6:09pm
post #1 of 14

The NFL is claiming they own the rights to the saying "Who Dat" and the emblem Fleur de lis.

Now this might not seem like such a big deal to most of the United States, but the NFL did not care, until the Saints made it to the playoffs, to instigate a stop and decease order of the selling of any and all merchandise with the "Who Dat" or "Fleur de lis" emblem.

Both of these have been part of the south since the 1800's and the NFL has decided to be the Greedy - Money Grubbing- Jocks that they are now. It is not enough for them to charge more than $800 a ticket, they need to claim our slang and inheritance as well.

This is the first time in history that the Saints team is going to the Super Bowl and I guess the NFL is not happy and want to cause trouble for New Orleans. The hurricanes were not enough for the city to fight against, now the city is fighting against the NFL.

Bring it on NFL, we have enough fight in our blood to put up with their greed. We might change the "Who Dat" to "Screw Dat" NFL.

Buy the way, I am not a big fan of football, but this just makes me mad that a team that has fought for so much is getting slammed by corporate world for the almighty $$$$$. icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

13 replies
sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 10:25pm
post #2 of 14

Who Dat is a term we used way before the NFL and saints football. And it was the FANS who originated the who dat song in relation to the team, not the franchise.

And the fleur de lis has been a symbol of our French heritage WAY before the saints were born. THAT is why the saints chose that emblem, not the other way around.

The NFL is full of crap and trying to make money off of our city pride. In no way did they Invent or own those 2 symbols. idiots.

lilacc01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilacc01 Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 10:43pm
post #3 of 14

As a NOLA girl as well as a HUGE Saint's fan I think sugar shack couldn't have said it better! WHO DAT!

sugarshack Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 10:49pm
post #4 of 14

Yeah you right!

dldbrou Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 8:39pm
post #5 of 14

Charlie Melancon has a petition online and will be sending it to NFL.
David Vitter has gotten involved as well as Gov. Bobby Jindel.

sugarshack Posted 31 Jan 2010 , 12:34am
post #6 of 14

yeah U right!

Kpow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kpow Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 7:57pm
post #7 of 14

As a displaced New Orleanian and avid Saints fan, I couldn't believe the NFL had the nerve to say that! Sharon has it exactly right. Geaux Saints!!

sugarshack Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 8:04pm
post #8 of 14

yeah u right!!

Beckup Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beckup Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 8:05pm
post #9 of 14

U Dat, New Dat; trying to claim our Who Dat! Boo Dat, Screw Dat, we'll never let you Do Dat! He Dat, She Dat, We ARE the nation WHO DAT! Get Dat, Got Dat, and Oh you Best Believe Dat! Geaux SAINTS!

I got this from a friend on Facebook! Thought it was appropriate!

sugarshack Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 8:24pm
post #10 of 14

yeah u right!

dldbrou Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 10:14pm
post #11 of 14

YEAH, NFL BACKS DOWN. They should be ashamed of their greed, but they just got caught and we held our ground. Go Saints, Go Cajuns.

sugarshack Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 10:50pm
post #12 of 14

yeah u right!!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 4:12am
post #13 of 14

I C AN NOT BELIEVE THE FRICKEN NFL!!!!!!!!! icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

You have got to be fricken kidding me, them greedy B@$T@r#$!!!! How stupid are they, when those two things, amongst some others, have been associated with New Orleans since before the NFL. I no longer watch football like I used due to the No Fun League policies and the pure greed behind them. And if they ever say it ain't been about money in the past, I like to see them say it now.

Kick their butt new Orleans. thumbs_up.gif

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 4:21am
post #14 of 14

Geaux Saints Who Dat

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%