Not Able To Watch Sharon Zambito's Dvd's

Decorating By grahamc Updated 2 Feb 2010 , 2:08am by JustToEatCake

grahamc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grahamc Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 6:18am
post #1 of 16

I just bought two of Sharon Zambito's DVD's. icon_biggrin.gif Boxes and Bows and the Topsy Turvy one and neither one of them will play in either of my DVD players or on my computer. icon_cry.gif Has anybody else had this problem? This is torture! I've been waiting so long to get these. It's killing me to have them in my hands and not be able to watch them.

15 replies
madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 6:25am
post #2 of 16

Mine work fine. Thats a shame. One doing that I would say its the dvd but more than one is very weird.

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 6:32am
post #3 of 16

What exactly is happening?

grahamc Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 6:35am
post #4 of 16

In one DVD player I can't get it to do anything. In the other one I get a jumbled blue screen with some of the titles. In my computer it says I don't have the right decoding software.

erinalicia Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 6:41am
post #5 of 16

you can download free decoding software for your computer. I had to do that myself. Her DVD's don't play automatically, at least none of mine do. It's a blue screen with the titles. Are your disks scratched or smudged?

grahamc Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 6:42am
post #6 of 16

Just tried it again. When I hit play it says "this operation currently prohibited for this disc" and the blue screen with the titles is pixelated (sp). It shouldn't matter that it's a blue-ray player, right?

madgeowens Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 6:46am
post #7 of 16

I am not certain that you can use blueray for that. My laptop runs mine great.

erinalicia Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 6:50am
post #8 of 16

I'm not sure about the blue-ray player. My guess is that that is the issue.

Do a search online for VLC Media Player. It is a free download and this is what I downloaded when I was having issues watching DVD's on my computer. Hope this helps!

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 6:57am
post #9 of 16

When I play the Sugarshack dvds on my computer, I have to open the "computer" window, right click on the dvd drive, choose "Open Auto Play..." and then choose the format I want to watch it in. Maybe that would work for you? *fingers crossed*

grahamc Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 7:10am
post #10 of 16

I'm installing the VLC media player on my computer, hopefully that will work.

grahamc Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 7:15am
post #11 of 16

Yeah!!! It worked! Thank you sooo much for all your help. icon_biggrin.gif I know what I'm going to be doing for the next couple of hours!

erinalicia Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 12:53am
post #12 of 16

Great! I'm glad it worked for you. We had to put it on our laptop so I could watch movies while my son was in the hospital. I kept having the kind of problem you were having with all of our movies. Love free downloads! Especially when they work. icon_wink.gif

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 1:19am
post #13 of 16

I had a problem with Edna's stargazer lilly video. It wouldn't work with my dvd player, but worked fine on my laptop, still don't know why.

anotherslice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anotherslice Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 1:33am
post #14 of 16

I've found that the DVDs play just fine on Blu-ray and on the computer.

madgeowens Posted 1 Feb 2010 , 4:48am
post #15 of 16

Did you get it to work yet???? Hope so

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 2 Feb 2010 , 2:08am
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieD-oh

When I play the Sugarshack dvds on my computer, I have to open the "computer" window, right click on the dvd drive, choose "Open Auto Play..." and then choose the format I want to watch it in. Maybe that would work for you? *fingers crossed*

Ditto

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%