Decorating By momtofourmonkeys Updated 30 Jan 2010 , 12:17am by costumeczar

momtofourmonkeys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momtofourmonkeys Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 2:28am
post #1 of 27
26 replies
Tellis12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tellis12 Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 2:38am
post #2 of 27

Lol, thats funny. If only it were so easy...

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 2:39am
post #3 of 27

I tempted to buy it just for laughs. And to find out what could possibly be said about frosting that takes up 125 pages.

ladybug76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladybug76 Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 2:41am
post #4 of 27

YES!!!! I have the highest bid so far!!! icon_lol.gif
I wish it was as easy as buying something off e-bay!!!
~ Jaime

momtofourmonkeys Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 2:43am
post #5 of 27

Did you read the part about the low start up costs? PUL-eeze! If someone bought into that ad they would be in for a big surprise once they started looking at the costs of even the pans to start baking with.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 2:50am
post #6 of 27

Six figures?! Good grief I WISH!!!!!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 3:03am
post #7 of 27

Up and running in 7 days?! Where is this at. It takes longer then that just to get the LLC paperwork approved and back to you!

kiwigal81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiwigal81 Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 3:24am
post #8 of 27

All I needed was 7 days? What the heck have I been spending so much time on this site for?

saffronica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saffronica Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 4:22am
post #9 of 27

Do you suppose those six figures include the ones that come after the decimal?

momtofourmonkeys Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 4:26am
post #10 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwigal81

All I needed was 7 days? What the heck have I been spending so much time on this site for?

My thoughts exactly! icon_lol.gif

Hmmm. icon_rolleyes.gif if only.....

linstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linstead Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 4:47am
post #11 of 27

Oh my I shouldn't be laughing because I have a chest infection but gee that is great. I like this part : "As a stay at home mum, I struggled for years to find a business model that was suitable to my lifestyle. I wasn't able to dedicate full time hours to an online business, and I didn't have a lot of money to invest in risky business ventures". So I guess decorating cakes all day doesn't take up any time, huh???? What are we all wasting our time doing anyway?? icon_cool.gif If she doesn't have time how is she making all that money?? icon_confused.gif

Oh I do think that the cake in the photo is pretty though - wonder where they found that???

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 5:01am
post #12 of 27

saffronica that was exactly what I was thinking.. where in that figure is the decimal point?

how do you guys put posts inside posts????

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 5:25am
post #13 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesso

how do you guys put posts inside posts????

Hit the quote button in the top right hand corner of the post you wish to quote and it will automatically bring up the post a reply page with the post you are quoting copied and tagged.

HTH!

SHYLERScakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHYLERScakes Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 5:38am
post #14 of 27

????easy???? low start up cost????? 7 days??????
what planet does she live on? I wanna live there too!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 5:45am
post #15 of 27

I like how she stole a pic from Jacques Pastries.

If she's that good, why not use one of her own?

sweetreasures Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetreasures Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 5:49am
post #16 of 27

No experience decorating cakes?

chelseak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelseak Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 6:34am
post #17 of 27

"No experience required."
"Imagine being able to make thousands of pounds/dollars a week from simple cake decorating"
"I was shocked at just how easy it was to set up the entire business in less than a couple of weeks, and the investment costs were so low that we were able to take a bit of extra money and advertise our business locally."

And my Favorite line: "And the greatest part of all of this, is that I had absolutely NO experience decorating cakes!"

Because when you decorate 'simple' wedding cakes you don't need ANY experience!! Right?? Wow. I am a hobby baker, and I love decorating cakes but now that I know that I can pay 7.97 and will be an expert in a week... Well then! And I am sure ALL the rules/laws/food safety/permits/etc will be Exactly the same all around the world right?

I would LOVE to see a few pictures of what these cakes look like.....

Cakechick123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakechick123 Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 6:42am
post #18 of 27
Quote:
Quote:

Regardless of your location,

You can run a successful cake decorating service from your home kitchen. NO need for bakery rentals, expensive leases or hassle!

I see the seller is from the UK she obviously have no clue about all the requlations in the US regarding home baking! icon_smile.gif

mireillea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mireillea Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 8:07am
post #19 of 27

I particularly like the part:

Find out how you can generate thousands of dollars in pure profit on your first week icon_eek.gif

icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif

momtofourmonkeys Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 3:37pm
post #20 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by riana

Quote:
Quote:

Regardless of your location,

You can run a successful cake decorating service from your home kitchen. NO need for bakery rentals, expensive leases or hassle!

I see the seller is from the UK she obviously have no clue about all the requlations in the US regarding home baking! icon_smile.gif

Even with the most lax of regulations, as we all here at CC know, there is no way anyone from anywhere could go from no skills to making $$$ like she proposes in the time she states and for the cost she declares. I bet she has made money though, off of those who do believe her.

btaylor76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
btaylor76 Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 4:02pm
post #21 of 27

Perhaps she meant add 6 SIZES to your figure....from..you know...tasting your work?

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 4:39pm
post #22 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by btaylor76

Perhaps she meant add 6 SIZES to your figure....from..you know...tasting your work?

ROTFLMAO!!! icon_lol.gificon_cry.gificon_lol.gif

kiwigal81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiwigal81 Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 11:37pm
post #23 of 27

Oooooh, ooooh, how did I miss the LOW STARTUP COSTS bit??!! Because I've bought a couple of second hand lots of gear from people, and it isn't low cost!

_Jamie_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_Jamie_ Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 11:41pm
post #24 of 27

She's (if there is a real person and not a group of scammers) probably just ripped off stuff off that we say in here. We should start a new thread about the "insider secrets". Make it full of nonsense. See if we get published!

Mrs-A Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs-A Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 11:45pm
post #25 of 27

damm.... 7.97! hubby got me a $340 course (inc equipment kit) for christmas, if he paid 7.97 instead we could have retired with all those thousands i would have made by now

momtofourmonkeys Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 12:01am
post #26 of 27

Jamie, your new avatar is too funny!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 30 Jan 2010 , 12:17am
post #27 of 27

This looks like the stuff that my cousin does. He's gotten rich (and I mean REALLY rich) from selling ebooks and downloadable crap to suckers. My other cousin's comment about him was that there's a sucker born every minute, and it's his goal to find every one of them.

I was talking to him a couple of years ago about me doing cakes, and he was trying to think of some way that he could translate that into a money-making venture. Soon after, I saw that he was selling something that promised "secrets of professional pastry chefs without the hassle of culinary school. This video will teach you everything you need to know! Buy now, buy now!" And for only $19.95! Guess who gets that money, and who gets shafted?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%