Can Anyone Give Me Advice On Using Pettinice

Decorating By ayerim979 Updated 29 Jan 2010 , 1:54am by ayerim979

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 1:16am
post #1 of 5

Well I went on a hunt today looking for Fondarific fondant, and well I ended up getting pettinice instead.

I dont want to open the package yet but I just want to know if I can go ahead and add cornstarch or PS to still if up a lil, seems too soft or is that how its suppose to be?

Also can I color it okay?

I know that I should of asked in the supply store but I didn't go alone icon_cry.gif (had my babys with me; wicjh I love them to death but would prefered to have gone alone) and after my 35 min drive and my 5 min trying to get them settled in the stroller . As soon as I walk in the little one does his business and well OMG !!! I had to run out of there, the place is not huge and .........you know I was afraid to get kicked out lol !!!

So please if someone can give me any tips I would appreciate it.

4 replies
ChucKles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChucKles Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 1:48am
post #2 of 5

All i ever use is Pettinice, thats what is most accessable to me. It is soft but i have never had any problems with it being too soft iykwim?
It colours fine, i mostly use pastes but it works fine with gels too.
I havent ever used Fonderific (sp?) so i dont know what to compare it to, but if you wanted to stiffen it up i would use icing sugar instead of corn flour as corn flour has the tendency to dry things out.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 1:49am
post #3 of 5

PettinIce is just like any other commercial fondant. No different at all. Add ps or cs to stiffen it up, but I doubt you'll want to. I roll on the counter with a thin film of veg shortening. Takes color fine.

Really, it's no different from any other brand. Or not different enough to notice.

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 1:54am
post #4 of 5

ok leah_s hikacking here, but how many people have commented on the new pic? You and indy are going to have to have a spatula vrs whisk war to the death!

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 1:54am
post #5 of 5

Well thank you ladies very much. I actually cant wait to use it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%