Stressed And Need Your Help

Decorating By tirby Updated 9 Feb 2010 , 8:48pm by millermom

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 6:33pm
post #1 of 12

I am getting ready to make a dino/ dragon cake similar to the one in the picture by MacsMom. ( I believe she is the one who made this.) But I can't figure out the head and to make matters worse we just recieved so stressful news about my Mother-in-law. NOT a good combo I am sad, stressed and just sick!!!

I need help on this dino head..I need to do it in cake if possible any one have a picture or anything they can send me to help. I need to see it from a few angles I just can't even think straight right now.

Thank you to all who can put in your two cents or more. I appreciate it all!
LL

11 replies
TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 6:41pm
post #2 of 12

What about of the head are you having problems with?

http://sdbytracy.com/dragoncake.htm

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 10:04pm
post #3 of 12

I don't have any input for the cake - Texas Sugar's link is awesome. Just wanted to say I'm sorry you're dealing with all of this and I hope your MIL is okay. {{{{HUGS}}}}

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 4:34am
post #4 of 12

I hope everything is going better for you - it is hard to concentrate when everything around you is going haywire! Just take a deep breath and try to focus. We will help you however we can!

It looks like the shape detail is mostly in the front, the back is probably just fairly rounded following the shape you see from the front. As far as it continuing to the neck, I would just fill that in with BC anyway to make a smooth transition. HTH!

tirby Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 5:53pm
post #5 of 12

I am sorry it took a while to get beck to you all. and thankyou for the hug. I NEED it. Sadly my MIL has passed and they have arranged to have the funeral this comming week.
The same time I am doing this cake icon_cry.gif

I usualy draw them (My cake structure) out but right now I am just not even thinking right. The link was helpful thankyou. I try not to bake more cake than I need but With out a clear picture in my head I think that might be bast now... The cake needs to feed about 20 people. No RKT for this all cake... I thought about graduating circles for the heas and ?? I dont know.
Thank you all so much just having people who "GET IT" when it comes to cake stress. helps a lot.

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 6:04pm
post #6 of 12

I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you are able to get everything done that you need to. If this is an official order I know you have to keep it, but if it is a "personal" cake I would postpone if possible.

tirby Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 6:14pm
post #7 of 12

it is an official order. I do very few personal..... But the people do know about the issue and are very understanding..

millermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millermom Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 6:18pm
post #8 of 12

What if you did the head in RKT or something other than cake? It just seems to me that that would be easier, and cheaper, and it sounds like easier is something you need right now. icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Just know that everyone on here feels your pain. It is extremely difficult to do a cake when you are stressed out with other things. Take some time for yourself, even if it is just locking yourself in your bedroom for a few hours.

Good luck

tirby Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 6:20pm
post #9 of 12

thank you... and I might lock myself in a nice HOT tub for a few hours!!

millermom Posted 5 Feb 2010 , 6:24pm
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tirby

thank you... and I might lock myself in a nice HOT tub for a few hours!!

Even better! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

tirby Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 8:43pm
post #11 of 12

Well I just wanted to update all of you. I am getting the dinosaur going and it looks cute. just carved at the moment. I might post the pictures I took. I has some people tell me one way then another well leave it to me to do it totally different! icon_rolleyes.gif
I used the 3D egg pan (both sides) 1- 8" pan and a bundt pan. the WASC recipe was the amount of cake I used so 14 cups total... I took a few pictures but I will probably post it in a new thread after I'm done and with thanks given to all who helped.
And thank you all for being so supportive...... I think I'm good now

millermom Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 8:48pm
post #12 of 12

Glad to hear it. Things always seem much better once you are on the other side!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%