Venting But A Little Bit Insulted None The Less...

Decorating By HannahLass Updated 30 Jan 2010 , 8:09pm by mckaren

chelseak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelseak Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 5:09pm
post #31 of 87

It's a gorgeous cake! I just told my husband that story and he took one look at your cake and said 'It's Jealously!"

"Sue" sounds like a bit of a wench to me..... icon_biggrin.gif

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 5:12pm
post #32 of 87

i am sorry that you were insulted. i feel she is jealous of your amazing talent...your cake is beautiful.. so hold your head up high. and know .. that you are proud of your work..

heycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heycake Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 5:14pm
post #33 of 87

She was totally rude and is clearly jealous of your talent. Be proud of your work and know that the people who you give these cakes to appreciate you so much.

If I had made that cake I'd sit and look at the photo all day and pat myself on the back for what an incredibly good job I'd done! Well, not really but you know what I mean!

On a side note, I just loved reading your post and "hearing" your accent coming through. It's so much more interesting than any rant I would have posted. icon_smile.gif

Justbeck101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justbeck101 Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 5:25pm
post #34 of 87

that cake is awesome and she is crazy.....

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 5:25pm
post #35 of 87

What a dumb broad !!!!

edited to say: Your cake is beautiful

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 5:34pm
post #36 of 87

What a beautiful cake! Ignore her - what a hag!

cor39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cor39 Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 5:36pm
post #37 of 87

After reading your post I went in to view your pics - and let me tell you every single one was awesome. Your work is excellent - loved them all. Try and remember all of the positive comments you have received (as I am sure there have been many) instead of this lady's negative comment.

mvucic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvucic Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 5:41pm
post #38 of 87

Gorgeous cake! It's been in my favs since I saw it! Clearly she needed to make a nasty comment to make herself feel better!

HannahLass Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HannahLass Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 5:49pm
post #39 of 87

Heycake Im probably less queen sounding hehe. Im a Manc from Manchester northwest England so Im less " good morning old chap" and more alriiiiiiiiiiit aaaahhh kid just youtube OASIS the band. Im not that bad hehe im somewhere in the middle icon_lol.gif and I'm hearing dumb broad in classic gangster moll 1920's new york accent. I dont think you could say it better. I hope I dont see that woman again but if she say's anything again I'm ready for her. icon_twisted.gif xxx

KarolynAndrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KarolynAndrea Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 6:00pm
post #40 of 87

Oh my gosh, this cake is adorable! It stinks when people say things, but you just have to push her aside and forget about it. Know that you're talented and make beautiful gifts that make people happy! I wonder what the cake would look like if she made it...

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 6:11pm
post #41 of 87

Holy sweet jesus, lady. I didn't read all the posts and I'm sure you got a lot of this.... but that cake is a-ma-zing. I would hire you based on that cake alone. It does NOT look "homemade" - don't let some cranky old lady get you down! icon_smile.gif And I would have charged at least $200 for it.

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 10:17pm
post #42 of 87

LOVE the cake!! You should have smiled sweetly, batted your eye lashes all innocent looking and said "Oh, is this the type of cake you make custom at home too???? I'd just love to see some pictures, I'm sure you're WAY undercharging." What an a**.

farmersdaughter4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farmersdaughter4 Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 10:35pm
post #43 of 87

Wouldn't it be a deserved "mean" to print out this entire post and send it to "SUE".... only kidding.

You definitely should feel insulted but after you've blown off some steam...put it behind you. If you don't, you are ALLOWING her to upset you...I'm sure she's not hurting or too stupid to realize she did a wrong.

Beautiful cake....very professional...I would be honored to receive such a gift from you...and I'm sure others feel the same way.

saapena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saapena Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 10:37pm
post #44 of 87

Gorgeous cake!!! Just ignore her--she is clearly JEALOUS!!!

Adevag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adevag Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 10:52pm
post #45 of 87

Just the other day I was listening to a TV show my kids were watching on Sprout (they are all under 5). One girl in the show had her feelings hurt by some mean comments from someone (probably jealous). So she went to her teacher and told him about what had happened. The teacher told the girl that his comments only hurt if you think they are true. And since they are not true you don't have to listen to him.
I just thought of this when reading your post. You know your skill level and don't ever let anyone doubt yourself and think your cakes are not good enough. You know she is lying because that is not near a typical homemade cake. You know it's not true. She is the one with the issues so don't let her waste your time. You are not worth it!
Your cakes are beautiful!

Aurora_333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aurora_333 Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 10:56pm
post #46 of 87

I'm just going to say that I am jealous. Also, I wish I could make a "homemade looking" cake like that. You've got WAY to much talent to let hateful people bring you down. Keep your chin up.

heavenlys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavenlys Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 10:58pm
post #47 of 87

My hubby wants to know what the hell is wrong with that lady?! He works in the bakery with me (can't decorate his way out of a paper bag icon_smile.gif But is GREAT with customers) And he thinks it is waaaay cute. Me too! Negative people chap my hide!! Why must they throw up all their toxic crap all over good people?

You did great and don't let her get to you. She'll get hers.

_Jamie_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_Jamie_ Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 10:58pm
post #48 of 87

Hannah...are those letter cutters super jumbo Tappits? Or does it just look super jumbo to me for some reason?

Lorieann55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorieann55 Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 11:12pm
post #49 of 87

Seems like Ol' Sue needs a reality check!

That is a beautiful cake, I love all of the little details.

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 11:17pm
post #50 of 87

Before I read your post, I saw the cake, and I said WoW that is gorgeous.
So don't let stupid sue's comment get you down.

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 11:25pm
post #51 of 87

OK, when I started reading your post, I was expecting to scroll down and see a newbie's version of a decorated cake.You know what I mean, the kind we all made when we first started.
As I scrolled down...My jaw dropped! That is a professionally done cake if I ever saw one! That lady is nuts.

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 11:29pm
post #52 of 87

You have a great talent, that cake is awesome. The detail work is perfect.

adventuregal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adventuregal Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 12:03am
post #53 of 87

do NOT even fret-that cake is awesome!!! Some people like this 'sue' character can be so rude and yes, without manners! I'm not sure what place she is from to think its okay to just go around insulting someones work-or implying that its not 'bakeshop good'
That cake looks wayyy better than alot of cakes I've seen in shops around here! Like some repliers said its all ego-she's one of THOSE people icon_biggrin.gif And if she doesn't want to pay the price (which I think should be alot more than stated) then she can walk her lil fanny to a store and get something else.

Musings9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Musings9 Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 12:17am
post #54 of 87

I think it's beautiful. That "lady" has cataracts.

ladyellam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyellam Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 12:29am
post #55 of 87

Tell her to piss off or bugger off, with a beautiful smile on your face.

Your cakes are amazing and the stupid prat doesn't know her arse from a hole in the ground. Sorry I'm a little harsh but I can't stand when people who have no idea what goes into making something like that can be so flippant with their statements.

Carry on!

Butterpatty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Butterpatty Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 1:05am
post #56 of 87

I looked at all of your cake photos and I think you are awesome! This is a case of "jealousy was biting her butt, so her mouth jumped in to save it"

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 1:39am
post #57 of 87

Hannah, there is a reason 176 people have saved it in their faves!!!!!

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 2:42am
post #58 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstar

Hannah, there is a reason 176 people have saved it in their faves!!!!!

I was going to post that very same thing..... LOL

Madiken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Madiken Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 3:06am
post #59 of 87

Okay so I actually thought you must have attached the wrong photo! Your cake is gorgeous!! If I actually managed to make something that beautiful I'd be extremely proud. Obviously this woman needs to tear other people down to feel good about herself. It's kind of sad if you think about it...

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 3:08am
post #60 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

Next time anyone says anything like that to you just throw your head back - and with a laugh in your voice say right outloud -

OHHH DHHHHARLING - YOU COULDN'T AFFORD ME ............ EVEN IF YOU WANTED TOO...................AND YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif This one gets my vote! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%