3D Pan You Love??

Decorating By lhayes1976 Updated 28 Jan 2010 , 4:26am by cakesrock

lhayes1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lhayes1976 Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 2:08am
post #1 of 6

Whenever I see a 3D pan, I usually have to fight the urge to buy. Especially the Willam Sonoma ones. I love them, but don't really use them after I buy them. Does anyone have a 3D pan that they love and use alot? I have a Christmas pan, a house I think, that I use every Christmas. I make a chocolate cake and sprinkle powdered sugar and I looks really pretty. Just wondering. I getting ready to make the Giant Cupcake and was just curious about all the other 3D pans out there.

5 replies
alliebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alliebear Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 2:17am
post #2 of 6

i got a snowman for christmas... i will be honest and say i might not use more then a handful of times, which is a shame because it's such a good quality pan and was pretty pricey, but i might use for a 3D chocolate mold for a centerpiece. i also have a mini teddy bear pan and i got it for 3$ and thats the only reason why i bought it. I love the cupcake pan tho and i can see myself using it quite alot because its cute and people love it. I haven't seen any pans that i would think that i MUST have. I am comfortable with carving if i need to.

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 2:41am
post #3 of 6

I love, love, LOVE the giant cupcake pan. It's so darn cute. Man, I want to make one now!

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 2:53am
post #4 of 6

I don't use 3D pans too much although once in awhile they come in handy.

I think of all my 3D pans I like the Christmas Tree the best because it makes an easy fun centerpiece for Christmas, and people find it impressive.

Lyns082608 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lyns082608 Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 3:02am
post #5 of 6

I love the little mini stand-up bear by Wilton. I used it for my son's first birthday smash cake and decorated it as Pooh. I made little "Santa bears" at Christmas and people loved those. It is very versatile, and with having a little one, its fun to make a bear for him as he gets a kick out of it!

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 4:26am
post #6 of 6

My fave is the Wilton ball cake pan - sooo many uses! Oh, and the Wilton 1/2 soccer ball. I'm thinking of buying the 3D house next. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%