Turning Candy Melts Hot Pink--- Help

Sugar Work By HeathersSweets Updated 27 Jan 2010 , 7:04pm by aej6

HeathersSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeathersSweets Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 5:09pm
post #1 of 6

Ok I have tried to find what directions to use to make HOT PINK candy melts and I can't find anything. Does anyone here know how I canget that Hot PINK shade or know where I can buy them in store.. i really need them as soon as possible.. you can email me at [email protected] if it would be quicker THANKS!!!

5 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 5:17pm
post #2 of 6

i have read on here.. that some people use a little shortening in the melts after melting them.. then use the regular gels or paste.. haven,t done that.. i also know that wilton has a rose pink color that will make a hot pink color. i use it in buttercream.. and get lots of compliments on it..i also have neon pink by americolor..

diane223 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane223 Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 5:26pm
post #3 of 6

Hi. I do candy more than anything else. Wilton and Make n' Mold sell actual chocolate colorings. I have gotten white candy melts and used these colors for everything. I have done hot pink many times. It does start to set quickly, so keep you melted chocolate over the hot water so that it stays soft and usable. I have never put shortening in my melted chocolate, but I can see where that would help with the seizing. I will try that next time.

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 6:53pm
post #4 of 6

Americolor sells an additive that you can put in the candy melts so they become adaptable with all AC gel colors, then you have many more color choices. I haven't used it yet as I just found out about it, but it will be on my next order of supplies.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 6:58pm
post #5 of 6

I use chefmaster oil based colorings in my chocolate... and lemme tell you the pink is ridiculously pink! Like if I DON'T want hot pink I need to put it in with a toothpick tip and not by the drop.

aej6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aej6 Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 7:04pm
post #6 of 6

Merkens sells them in hot pink.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%