Decorating By cherrycakes Updated 27 Jan 2010 , 9:56pm by ruthi

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 9:05pm
post #1 of 7
6 replies
ruthi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ruthi Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 9:10pm
post #2 of 7

I don't have these particular ones, but have ordered in the past a couple other sets for hydrangeas and ended up never using them - I'm really picky when it comes to hydrangeas and I have yet to find a cutter and veiner that create realistic hydrangeas. I keep going back to making hydrangeas as pulled (?) flowers and use a veining stick to get the right impression. You might want to consider that, if that helps, and then you wouldn't have to buy a cutter set.

ruthi Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 9:11pm
post #3 of 7

I don't have these particular ones, but have ordered in the past a couple other sets for hydrangeas and ended up never using them - I'm really picky when it comes to hydrangeas and I have yet to find a cutter and veiner that create realistic hydrangeas. I keep going back to making hydrangeas as pulled (?) flowers and use a veining stick to get the right impression. You might want to consider that, if that helps, and then you wouldn't have to buy a cutter set.

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 9:53pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks for your reply ruthi! Would you mind sharing how you make the pulled flowers? I've watched YouTube videos on different pulled flowers but is there something that you do differently for the hydrangea? Do you also use the veining stick for the leaves? Thanks!!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 10:20pm
post #5 of 7

I have one from Nic Lodge. I think First Impressions made the mold for it.

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 10:34pm
post #6 of 7

Scott Clark Woolley's cutters and veiners make gorgeous hydrangeas (and all other flowers, for that matter)!
http://www.cakesbydesign.cc/MetalCuttersDtoI.html

Jodie

ruthi Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 9:56pm
post #7 of 7

The only thing I do differently is that i make four petals instead of the standard five and i add texture with a veining stick. I make the leaves and impress them with a regular veiner for hydrangeas - the silicone ones. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%