Client Wants Funfetti, Help!!

Baking By junglebutterfly4 Updated 26 Jan 2010 , 8:53pm by prterrell

junglebutterfly4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
junglebutterfly4 Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 7:55pm
post #1 of 7

how can I make funfetti cake more dense. I usually doctor a duncan hines cake with a box of pudding an extra egg and less oil but I am not sure how to make a funfetti cake more dense. any help is appreciated. I know adding whole egg instead of whites will help but I need to ice this cake cover it in fondant and stack it so it needs to be sturdy.

6 replies
crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 8:05pm
post #2 of 7

i have made funfetti and added an extra egg and a box of vanilla pudding, it came out very tasty

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 8:08pm
post #3 of 7

Make the WASC and add what ever color jimmies you want to it to make it a "funfetti" cake. thumbs_up.gif

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 8:10pm
post #4 of 7

oh that's a good idea

Ciara87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ciara87 Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 8:17pm
post #5 of 7

I just made a funfetti cake (pilsbury) and the person I was making it for wanted only egg whites which made it extremely hard for me. I had never tried before, and I messed up a few times (the cake crumbled out of the pan!). Finally, I crisco-ed the pan REALLY good, and the cake came out PERFECT! I buttercreamed and put fondant on it and it held up just fine. Hope this helps! icon_biggrin.gif
LL

djs328 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
djs328 Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 8:19pm
post #6 of 7

Yup. I add jimmies to my cakes to make my own "Funfetti" and the cool thing is you can do whatever colors you want! icon_smile.gif I did pink purple and green for my daughter's Dora cake! icon_smile.gif

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 8:53pm
post #7 of 7

When I've "doctored" cake mixes, I would double the oil called for on the box, add a 4-serving size box of instant pudding mix OR a cup of sour cream, and for french vanilla and devil's food I would add an extra egg. I found out the hard way you can't do that with the Lemon and Orange Supreme flavors (made them taste eggy).

HTH!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%