Cake Balls, Cake Bites, Cruffles...how Long Do They Keep???

Decorating By BAKE-ME-A-CAKE Updated 26 Jan 2010 , 12:55am by motherofgrace

BAKE-ME-A-CAKE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BAKE-ME-A-CAKE Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 12:35am
post #1 of 2

I read a lot of the thread entitled "How about a serious thread about cake balls"
Wow! this is a great thread. I read the first 23 pages (not the the full 50) and I haven't found to a question that's on my mind. I realize this thread is 2 years old, so I thought I'd try to post a new topic.

My Cake Bites are made with BC and dipped in Hershey's Special Dark chocolate. I sell them for $9 for 6 and $18 for dz (in a nice box). I have frozen them fully decorated successfully, but I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion for how long they can stay at room temp. I know if it's just cake and bc 5 days at room temp is a good rule of thumb, although I heard 7 days is okay. Should these be the same, or will they keep longer because they are dipped (sealed) in chocolate. Chocolate has a shelf life of 1 year. I'm not suggesting 1 year is okay, but I'm wondering if longer than 7 days, perhaps 30 days is okay...I don't know...I'm just throwing a number out there.

Any thoughts???

I'm asking because a local small gift shop owner wants to sell my Cake Bites in her store. I've been putting it off for a couple of months because I don't know the answer to this question. I know she won't buy a lot at a time, but she'll want to know how long they'll keep. If I were her I would ask me. LOL.

Thanks for your help.

1 reply
motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 12:55am
post #2 of 2
Quote:
Quote:

I realize this thread is 2 years old

lol i created the thread a few months ago lol.

If you look on one of the last couple pages, there a few answers to your questions!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%