This Bride Cracked Me Up, Thinkin Shes So Slick.... (Long)

Decorating By ttehan4 Updated 29 Mar 2011 , 4:09pm by 2txmedics

ttehan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 5:59pm
post #1 of 113

Ok here is a copy of the email she sent me about a cake she is wanting:

Hello, Thanks for the reply. Them are good lookin cakes altho we are wanting a scary cake. Here is a description of what we want i def want a blood look in the castle some how.... also we got to thinkin about another idea.... In the wedding me being the bride is goin to be dressed as a witch! an the groom is being freddy so we was thinkin of maybe havein a castle or haunted house castle an makein half theme freddy an half theme witch. We would also like the cake to look like its been split in the middle by freddys claws. Also we would like it to be in tiers like a castle on the bottom and then maybe those cone lookin things on the castle holdin up another tier, atleast two more tiers on top if poss. The main top would be a small one with our weddin topper that we can keep for our first anniversary. then the second one dont matter the size but we have our own haunted house an we would like our name to be on that part of the cake which would be like this" Slaughter Yard Wedding" If you think you are up for the challange please let me no, i have a few ppl that has offered to do our cake but of course im lookin for the best deal so tell me about what ur price range is an how much u think a cake like this will cost an also the other cake decription how much it would cost. I love the pics u sent them is a really great job an i would love to have you make our cake. Our wedding is not until sept so u got plenty of time to be creative. again any ideas feel free to let me no.

wow! Okay. "g's" must be against her religon...lol. Thats besides the point. Here is my reply

Just by the description of the tiered cake with the castle holding up the second tiers and all the details, you are going to be in the $1200.00 to 1500.00 range. The large castle cake alone with blood and the freddy slashes would be around 800.00. Its really hard to give an exact price with out the number of servings you would need and all the details worked out and the cake drawn up on paper. There are alot of options that we can do to get you the cake you dream of and to work within your budget. I am almost booked for September now, so if you are interested we should schedule a consultation and get your date booked.

Her very next email.

hello, thanks for the reply your pics look awesome altho the price doesnt.... i have someone that says they can do it for $325 an i seen there cakes an they are pretty great. If ur willin to work on price a lil more let me no. There will b no more then 100ppl let me no thanks

Are you freaking kidding me!?!

She has got to be out of her gourd.

My reply:
That is a great deal for 325.00, I would snatch it up if I were you. My price is firm. Remember, you get what you pay for.

I think my response my have been harsh. She was really trying to work down that price. No way would anyone do the cake she described for that price!

112 replies
drummer27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drummer27 Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 6:04pm
post #2 of 113

I almost needed a translator to read her e-mail...wow! Great response! I would have said the same thing.

in2cakes2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
in2cakes2 Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 6:08pm
post #3 of 113

Hahahahahahahaha~breathe~ hahahahahahaha!!!

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 6:09pm
post #4 of 113

I have no response to that. tapedshut.gif

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 6:10pm
post #5 of 113

Are you sure it wasn't a scam? Sounds a little fishy to me and can anyone be that dumb?

_Jamie_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
_Jamie_ Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 6:11pm
post #6 of 113

Oh barf. I'd have a hard time believing that was a legitimate request.

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 6:13pm
post #7 of 113

OMG, firstly the whole wedding sounds beyond a joke, and her wishes for that budget are the biggest laugh I've had this year!

ttehan4 Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 6:13pm
post #8 of 113

I thought it had to be a joke to when I first read it. I thought okay, I will give her the benefit of the doubt and reply. Then when the 325.00 email came, I said big ole waste of time, see ya later!

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 6:23pm
post #9 of 113

Wow. u no, i hav a hrd time takin anione seryously woo doens't take no timie 2 spel corectly. Your response was perfect.

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 6:36pm
post #10 of 113

I think for all of us that found that email extremely hard to read, we should thank a teacher!

Dolledupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dolledupcakes Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 6:38pm
post #11 of 113

WOW! And she couldnt wait to have her wedding on Halloween?! This woman is a joke. I had a hard time reading her email. She needs to go back to school. I would love to see that $325.00 wedding cake of hers. LOL

LKing12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LKing12 Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 7:03pm
post #12 of 113

This email is the result of this person's texting all her life! Evidently, anything is acceptable when one is texting!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 7:04pm
post #13 of 113

All I could think is that for $325.00 she WILL get the scary (very scary) cake she's after......especially if it's 3 tiers with the bottom tier being a castle and slashes through the middle.

I have a feeling we're going to be seein (lol no g's) this thing on cake wrecks!

crazyladybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazyladybaker Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 7:22pm
post #14 of 113

Wow...I am speechless at her lack of the English language. Honestly I quit reading about 1/4 of the way through. I just couldn't handle it..ugh
I did go back and pick up the pieces though.

As someone mentioned above, maybe that is the outcome of someone texting all their life but this has me afraid for this bride to come out into the real world and have to deal with people face to face. WHEW!

Anyway, I don't think your reply was harsh. Let her go get that "cheap" cake. As you said "you get what you pay for" and that is SO true.
I have a feeling that if you took this order you would have a real headache dealing with her before it was all over.

hugs!

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 7:35pm
post #15 of 113

One thing I will say...if the grammar is so bad it is incoherent, chances are they are a bargain basement bride that wants a Neiman Marcus cake at a Walmart bakery price.

psmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psmith Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 7:38pm
post #16 of 113

I totally want to see what she can get for $325 with all those creative touches! It would be hard to consider her 'serious' with all those grammatical issues. Crazy!!

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 7:42pm
post #17 of 113

icon_lol.gif Yet another person who watches Ace of Cakes and thinks, wow! that must cost a LOT of money, like, a HUNDRED dollars! icon_rolleyes.gif

My DH texts occasionally using his work Blackberry, but we have it turned off on our personal phones. I refuse to text. If you need to talk to me, call me! When he does text, it takes him forever, as he uses proper English. He makes his friends use it, too. If one of them texts something that's full of abbreviations, he'll just text back "What?" or "Dude, I think a teenager got ahold of your phone again." icon_lol.gif

mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 7:43pm
post #18 of 113

Woooow.

Well let me say that I have a customer who (kind of) emails like that. She is not THAT bad though. But she is really young, and a lot of her emails have run-on sentences & misspellings (did I spell that right?! LOL!) But she is a great girl and a great customer.

Now on the OTHER hand, she would NEVER try to come up with ridiculous pricing on a cake! When I tell her the price of a cake, she's happy to pay & does so on time or early every single time!

As someone else said...she couldn't wait to get married on Halloween? Seems as though that would be fitting for her.

And as a customer...your response may have been a bit harsh. As a cake decorator...your response was perfect.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 7:45pm
post #19 of 113

Oh, and asking you to come down on your price by 80% was just incredibly insulting!

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 7:47pm
post #20 of 113

She'll be a witch for her wedding??? yikessss, how will she explain that to her kids in the future?... hmmm, no offense to teenagers, but she sounds very young!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 7:58pm
post #21 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie2

She'll be a witch for her wedding??? yikessss, how will she explain that to her kids in the future?... hmmm, no offense to teenagers, but she sounds very young!

LOL! She sounds a little nuts to me. She wants to be a witch on her wedding day? And she wants her soon-to-be-hubby to be freddy? Ummm...hello, I don't think even 10 people will be at her wedding.

KateLS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateLS Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 8:02pm
post #22 of 113

As awful as it is, that's how most of the youth these days text each other and facebook each other. My step-sister is 14, and she does the same thing. Reminded me of her really. As wrong as it is, I bet she was writing that from her phone and didn't want to type everything out, so she used her phone slang to go faster. Kinda sad to think that it could be an adult. However, in some ways, it doesn't surprise me with how some of the rising generation are turning out these days.

YesiBoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YesiBoo Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 8:30pm
post #23 of 113

LMAO...."We was thinkin".....I dont think her being young has anything to do with it. She's beyond ridiculous!!! This sure was a good laugh though.

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 8:52pm
post #24 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie2

LOL! She sounds a little nuts to me. She wants to be a witch on her wedding day? And she wants her soon-to-be-hubby to be freddy? Ummm...hello, I don't think even 10 people will be at her wedding.

LOL icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif
Off the subject, but on a reality show they had this couple that wanted to get married suspended in the air....yeah, suspended from the skin in their back icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gif apparently they expected the pastor to be suspended too, but he refused. He was suspended but he wore straps around his body....crazy or what?! the couple were very young.

ttehan4 Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 12:21am
post #25 of 113

Did anyone notice in my original post that she is having a Halloween wedding in September? I think that just adds insult to injury...lol! Her wedding will definetly be scary.. no need to have a bloody cake.

I haven't heard from her again so I think my comment got the point across!

I was cracking up reading all the comments too!

Donnabugg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Donnabugg Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 3:02am
post #26 of 113

I loved how she said "so you have plenty of time" and you replied back "September is almost full"...that was great! I think your short, simple and to the point response back was right on.....NEXT.....

auntmamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmamie Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 3:21am
post #27 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickymacd

I think for all of us that found that email extremely hard to read, we should thank a teacher!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!! thumbs_up.gif

giggysmack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giggysmack Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 4:16am
post #28 of 113

Yes that email was tough to read
I agree it is insulting to ask to come down 80%

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 4:41am
post #29 of 113

oh my god !! did my sister send you that email ???? icon_lol.gif She doesn't want me to make her cake anymore? icon_surprised.gif LMFAO !!! Okay, this may be harsh but my sister sends me emails like that. icon_surprised.gif She writes like she speaks. Yes.. I admit it.. it embarrasses the hell out of me !! icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

Let me tell you right now...BE SO GLAD SHE TURNED YOU DOWN...SO GLAD !!! . icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Been there..done that.. won't do it again...which makes it really hard to make cakes since I live in kentucky... (just kidding..only half the people I know talk like that ) icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

JanJess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanJess Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 4:44am
post #30 of 113

I think you should have given her the Craiglist photographer advertisement that we spoke about recently.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%