Can I Color Choco-Pan Rolled Icing

Decorating By malohree Updated 6 Feb 2010 , 1:44am by Danie3104

malohree Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malohree Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 4:50pm
post #1 of 9

If i buy a 4 pound pail of white can i color it any way i would want like regular fondant or marshmallow fondant? Is it harder to work with> I was just looking for a new smooth tasty option. Has anyone colored the white before? How hard is it to work with? Was the taste good? Can you send me the link to your cake done in choco-pan rolled icing to see.

Thanks
Mallory

8 replies
lamcf120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lamcf120 Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 5:24pm
post #2 of 9

I have never colored Choco-Pan, they sell it in colors now. The taste is exactly the way white chocolate taste. If it get's too warm, it get's a little streachy.

Hope this helped.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 5:35pm
post #3 of 9

I colored it the attached link and it came out fine http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1381811 It's a little harder to work with then some of the others but it taste sooooooooooo much better.

aggiechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiechef Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 5:45pm
post #4 of 9

I've colored choco-pan fondant many times, and have never had a problem with it. If you want to check it out, look at the 2 tier cake with animal pillars in my gallery. All of that was done with choco-pan, including the animals. Also, the animal cake with the barn on it was done in choco pan. I love it and find it very easy to work with.

Have fun playing with it and let us know what you think. icon_smile.gif

malohree Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malohree Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 8:12pm
post #5 of 9

Thanks!! I was just thinking it would be cheaper to buy a big white and color it myself. So i don't have to get like 10 colors for one cake!! Thanks girls. I will let you know how it is once i do it.

aggiechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiechef Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 8:15pm
post #6 of 9

Tiggy - I LOVE the color of that cake. It's absolutely stunning!!! Did you add any luster or pearl dust to it because it has just the right amount of shimmer to it?

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 10:54pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks, yes, I dusted it with luster dust.

Danie3104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danie3104 Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 1:41am
post #8 of 9

I have recently started to experiment with choco pan and have run into the problem of the color that I add to the choco pan running all over the cake. I'm surprised no one else has had this problem. I loved working with the choco pan and very disappointed to run into this issue.

Danie3104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danie3104 Posted 6 Feb 2010 , 1:44am
post #9 of 9

I have recently started to experiment with choco pan and have run into the problem of the color that I add to the choco pan running all over the cake. I'm surprised no one else has had this problem. I loved working with the choco pan and very disappointed to run into this issue.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%