Chocolate Fountain Chocolate............

Sugar Work By Krissybelle Updated 27 Jan 2010 , 11:17pm by halabb

Krissybelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Krissybelle Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 4:32pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone know of a good brand of chocolate to use in a Chocolate Fountain. So many of them taste bad or ask you to add a lot of extra oil. I need something that will be "runny" enough but I don't want to sacrifice the flavor.....

Anyone???????????

Thanks!

5 replies
eilidh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eilidh Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 4:48pm
post #2 of 6

I can't advise you on a brand but as far as I know they all require oil added to it to get that runny consistency. A girl at my old work used to run one as a business and I know she used Belgian chocolate, and generally most of their chocolate with high cocoa solids is pretty good! Hope that helps a bit!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 4:49pm
post #3 of 6

Sephra chocoalte is made for fountains and does NOT require oil. It's yummy! Merckens also makes Falls chocolate for fountains, and it DOES require oil.

Also, I have a 34" Sephra fountain I'd love to sell.

millermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millermom Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 4:56pm
post #4 of 6

I just use Nestle milk chocolate chips and then use cocoa butter instead of oil. Very yummy!

Sugarchic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarchic Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 10:00pm
post #5 of 6

I use Chocoley chocolate, they make chocolate especially for fountains. I have only used their milk chocolate in my fountain and my friends have commented that they really like that chocolate. Check out their website and they are always sending out ideas for you to try.

halabb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
halabb Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 11:17pm
post #6 of 6

This is the recipe I have always used. It has to be thinned down quite a bit though, so I use half and half or whipping cream til I get it to the right consistency. I just found a gallon of Hershey's fudge on sale for $4, so I am going to experiment with that.
I was really grossed out the first time I made the chocolate for the fountain with all that oil. I refused to use my fountain again til I found an oil free recipe.

Easy Chocolate Fondue
Woman Day's Crockery Cookbook Number 2, 1976
24 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
1-1/4 C. evaporated milk
1/4 C. sugar
2 t. vanilla extract
1 T. fruit flavored liqueur

Place ingredients in cooker. Cover and cook on high 30 minutes. Stir well, cover and cook on low 1 hour longer. Dip pieces of pound cake, fruit, pretzels, cookies or marshmallows into chocolate mixture. Makes 3 cups.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%