Has Anyone Tried Flourless Chocolate Cake.....

Decorating By suz3 Updated 25 Jan 2010 , 2:37pm by DetailsByDawn

suz3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suz3 Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 1:47pm
post #1 of 6

flourless chocolate cake. I saw them making one on some show and it looks yummy. Just wondering if anyone has tried this and thoughts about how it tastes. icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 1:53pm
post #2 of 6

I have not made one, but I have eaten them in restaurants. They are delicious. Very rich and fudgey.

vagostino Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vagostino Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 1:59pm
post #3 of 6

I've made it several times....it tastes like a mix between a dense brownie and fudge to me....there are several versions....some are dense and moist, some come more like those desserts that ooze chocolate from the middle .... of course this is something to have as a dessert with some fresh whipped cream on top, not for decorating or anything close to it!

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 2:05pm
post #4 of 6

mmmmm..... chocolate

doowopdoll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doowopdoll Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 2:09pm
post #5 of 6

Hi, I found some ideas for you and will try to attach pictures of them. This is my first post so I am not sure pictures are allowed. Hope this helps.
LL
LL
LL

DetailsByDawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DetailsByDawn Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 2:37pm
post #6 of 6

Hi there,
I have made a flourless cake, decorated for a friend of mine - It was a special gluten-free recipe which for the life of me I can't find now to post for you. Because it was very brownie-like, I made the 4" tiers into 2 2" layers with a board between, then decorated, so you couldn't tell. I also did a carved one - a dinosaur. These recipes carve wonderfully - very dense.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%