Cheese Cake Wedding Cake??...is It Even Possible??

Decorating By elliespartycake Updated 25 Jan 2010 , 7:56am by prterrell

elliespartycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elliespartycake Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 9:30pm
post #1 of 9

I have a request from a bride who would like a 3 tier wedding cake and she would like it to be cheesecake. Is this even possible?? icon_confused.gif
Any insight or experience with this would be most helpful.
Thanks

8 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 9:41pm
post #2 of 9

http://www.englishcheesecake.com/weddings

id do something like that site
but fondant on a cheese cake, i dont see working! maybe something a bit fancier could be piped on, but id encourage the fruit/ chocolate approach.
xx

dsilbern Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilbern Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 9:42pm
post #3 of 9

Maybe one of those cake stands that hold each tier separately? I'm no expert on stacking but I'd be afraid to stack cheesecakes directly.

Lalady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lalady Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 9:46pm
post #4 of 9

I've attached a picture of my cousin's wedding cake. Not sure how it was done, but it was all cheesecake. Maybe a visual will help.
LL

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 9:50pm
post #5 of 9

Hi, you need to show a photo from that site and ask your bride whether that is what she wants. Because there is cheese cake wedding cakes. Which they put cheese cake in between a cake. I got a recipe from one of CC members which was from Toba Garretts book. I have one of her books, but I need to check whether that recipe is in there. icon_smile.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 9:50pm
post #6 of 9

Just make sure the venue can refrigerate the cheesecakes until right before they are served. They can not be sitting out on display like a regular cake.

There's a reason that the cheesecake is cold when you get it for dessert in a restaurant. icon_smile.gif

elliespartycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elliespartycake Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 12:36am
post #7 of 9

Thanks everyone...very helpful. Clearly a cheesecake does not lend itself to a traditionally stacked tiered cake. But maybe seperate tieres on a stand...hmmm icon_cool.gif

Lalady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lalady Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 4:00am
post #8 of 9

The cheesecake was very thick and frosted in a whipped icing, not buttercream then decorated.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 7:56am
post #9 of 9

Well, for one thing, if you inserted dowels into the cakes, they'd crack, wouldn't they? I'd say separate stands or floating tiers are a must for cheesecake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%