Powdered Vanilla

Decorating By msulli10 Updated 25 Jan 2010 , 2:41am by msulli10

msulli10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 4:38pm
post #1 of 8

I just got back from Mexico and bought powdered vanilla. It smells really good. I was wondering if anyone has ever used this form of vanilla and how it works. I was hoping this would become my secret ingredient icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
msulli10 Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 6:22pm
post #2 of 8

Nobody???

Lisabellemarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisabellemarie Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 2:01am
post #3 of 8

I WANT some powdered vanilla....not sure why I would need it instead of the liquid kind, but I have kind of a vanilla obsession. And Mexican vanilla is my favorite - my friend brought me back some vanilla from Mexico that is the absolute best thing I have ever smelled or tasted, and of course it was a special blend just for the store she bought it from (or so the bottle says) and she has no idea what the store was or how to ever find it again. So, I may be destined to never get something to replace it. But the point is - a fantastic vanilla could definitely be your secret weapon!! Heck, if it's good enough, I'LL buy cake from you!!! icon_lol.gif

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 2:04am
post #4 of 8

I have some also but never tried it yet, I was wondering the same thing. Hope someone can give us ideas or tips on how to use it.

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 2:07am
post #5 of 8

I have always wanted some to use when making "jar mix" gifts for people. I would love to know how it works!

chinadoll652003 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chinadoll652003 Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 2:18am
post #6 of 8

You could always dissolve it then put it in a cake. I personally would LOVE some to put in my coffee!!!

emmy23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmy23 Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 2:24am
post #7 of 8

I have used it before. It does smell really good. It comes in individual doses. You just replace the liquid form with the powder form. It can be purchased at italian specialty stores. I also was given some that came from Germany.

msulli10 Posted 25 Jan 2010 , 2:41am
post #8 of 8

I was doing some internet research and read that you could use it just as you would vanilla extract except that you put it with the dry ingredients (makes sense). I think I am going to experiment and use it in addition to my usual vanilla and almond extract flavorings. I might also try to add it to my buttercream - I use sugarshack's recipe so I'll add it to the coffee creamer.

Hope there is still someone out there that has used it and is willing to share the experience with the rest of us.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%