Dog Show

Decorating By txmom9802 Updated 24 Jan 2010 , 12:44pm by crazyladybaker

txmom9802 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txmom9802 Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 12:04pm
post #1 of 3

Ok, need help from all the creative CC decorators. I belong to our local english bulldog club, and our big show is next month. I opened my mouth and said that I would do a cake for our raffle... As some of you might know dog show people, we are nuts about our dogs. So I want to make it real special. I am thinking 2 tier, not too big, but very cute. My idea so far is, bulldog on top, best in show ribbon, grooming sheers, and a credit card(because we spend so much money on our dogs). Other than that i'm stuck... Any ideas? icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 12:36pm
post #2 of 3

the dog is peeking over the top rim of a trophy (he's sitting inside the cup)

or....if using the platter type of trophy -- he's turned it into a bed or playing fetch with it (a big frisbee to him). if bed the ribbon could be his pillow (or chew toy as the case might be).

or...the platter is so highly polished that he's wearing the ribbon on the collar and looking at his reflection in the platter.

or....doggy sleeping (all tuckered out from showing off), ribbon as pillow, one front leg holding the trophy (on it's side) close to him

crazyladybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crazyladybaker Posted 24 Jan 2010 , 12:44pm
post #3 of 3

You could have all kinds of fun with this idea icon_biggrin.gif

Here are some ideas:
dog bones, dog dishes, dog house, fire hydrant, food bowl, dog leads, fondant/gumpaste 3d dogs. Have you looked through the gallery for dog cakes? You might search on flikr too for ideas.

Look at these cute things:
http://www.cheftools.com/Lucks-Dec-Ons-Small-Dog-Collection-70-Pack/productinfo/08-0385/

Can't wait to hear what you do ...be sure to post pics.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%