Marketing Naughty Cakes

Decorating By cakedesigner59 Updated 23 Jan 2010 , 11:27pm by cakedesigner59

cakedesigner59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedesigner59 Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 5:15pm
post #1 of 4

I think there's a lot of $$ to be made if I could get the word out that I can do these kinds of cakes. How would you go about marketing something like this? I thought about dropping off brochures or the like at a bridal salon (for bachelorette parties). Any other ideas?

3 replies
tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 6:07pm
post #2 of 4

maybe you can host a "fun party" the kind they have for the bride to be and display your creations on a table with cards for them to take and maybe that will also help get the word out. HTH

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 6:38pm
post #3 of 4

I think that's one case where advertising on Craigslist wouldn't be a bad thing. People expect to pay more for something like that than a regular cake which might help to overcome the famous Craigslist cheapness. An ad that read something like this would work: "Adult novelty cakes for bachelorette parties, bachelor parties, birthdays, Valentine's day or anytime. Delicious and deliciously naughty at the same time. You must be 18 or older to place an order. Photos of previous work available on request."

I posted a picture of a naughty cake I'd made in the rants and raves section of craigslist before (not where to place your ad, just was part of a discussion we were having) and got 20 emails asking where they could get a cake like that and how much it was. I don't have a business, but if I did, that would have been a goldmine icon_biggrin.gif

cakedesigner59 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedesigner59 Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 11:27pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks so much! I love your wording of the ad, too. You ought to go into marketing! LOL Thanks!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%