Samples Question

Decorating By tootie0809 Updated 23 Jan 2010 , 5:20am by indydebi

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 2:15am
post #1 of 3

I'm starting to bake my samples for my bridal show next weekend. I have bought 1000 2-ounce soufle cups with lids and plan to put the samples in the cups (as approved by the expo). My question is how is the best way to do the samples themselves? Should I do 2 layers of cake and 1 layer of filling, 2 layers of cake filling in the middle and on top, or just 1 layer of cake with a filling on the top? Also, should I use toothpicks for those sampling them to use the toothpick to get the cake sample out of? HOw have those of you who do shows done samples? Thanks!

2 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 3:45am
post #2 of 3

1" tall sheet cake/square cake. Slather icing on the top, use a ruler and cut into 1" cubes. Put them in the containers and snap the lid on. Put your label on top.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 5:20am
post #3 of 3

pretty much same as leah with one small diff. 1" cubes thrown in cups; use large piping bag to put a blop of icing on top; snap on lid. I have forks available at the show for the bride. (I'm a bit messy so it's easier for me to pick up un-iced cubes of cake and throw them in a cup. icon_redface.gif )

1000 samples. icon_surprised.gif Wow that is one big show! You'll be super busy the next two weeks with all the leads you'll pick up! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%