Adobe Photoshop Elements Or Corel Paint Shop Pro X2?

Decorating By AngelaM Updated 23 Jan 2010 , 3:55pm by AngelaM

AngelaM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelaM Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 10:05pm
post #1 of 7

OK techies, lay it on me. Which one's better for photo editing and which one's easier to use? I've been using a too-old version of Microsoft Digital Imaging Suite and it's not meeting my needs anymore. Time to upgrade!

6 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 10:11pm
post #2 of 7

From the two, I prefer to use Photoshop Elements. I tried Corel Paint Shop and wasn't impressed. Some effects loads slower and it lacks some of the important functions Photoshop has.

Just my opinion.

Darthburn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Darthburn Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 10:24pm
post #3 of 7

I myself prefer Photoshop. I've just used it forever and it seems to have a pretty friendly user interface.

That's just me though. icon_smile.gif

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 10:34pm
post #4 of 7

I'm not sure but they just had the Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo x2 one for $29.99 on the Amazon.com deal of the day last week so I grabbed that up because I needed a new photo editing software. It includes like a quickie version and a more in depth version...I like the quickie version for crops and stuff. Only had it for like a week.

badkitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
badkitty Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 10:36pm
post #5 of 7

I've used Corel Draw's PhotoPaint since they first came out, so I know how to make them work for me, but I understand that Photoshop is much easier for someone who wants the program to do the work, you know, one click type of things. Either way will be a major upgrade from what you've been using! icon_smile.gif

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 10:52pm
post #6 of 7

I have Paint Shop Pro and I like it. I've tried Photoshop in the past but it wasn't as easy to pick up on as PSP, for me anyhow.

AngelaM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelaM Posted 23 Jan 2010 , 3:55pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks so much everybody for the info!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%