Help! Need Cookie Ideas!

Baking By Ladiesofthehouse Updated 22 Jan 2010 , 4:55pm by 7yyrt

Ladiesofthehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladiesofthehouse Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 4:38am
post #1 of 6

I have an order Sunday for a literary club that has an author doing a reading from her book and these cookies are one of the desserts. I am at a loss for what to make...the lady that ordered trusts me to make something nice since she has ordered from me before.

Any great ideas? Books? I thought about the word Poetry, but with the descenders I am afraid they are too fragile.

5 replies
7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 5:25am
post #2 of 6

Can you do something referring to the book's theme?

Ladiesofthehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladiesofthehouse Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 6:16am
post #3 of 6

She has a few books in print--some are about Native American culture and some are Native American stories. I looked at the covers thinking maybe I could reproduce them (simplified) but they are pretty complicated for cookies and I am not charging "complicated" prices.

I also thought about making cookies shaped like bookmarks with her name and her book titles written on them with edible pens--what do you think about that?

emilyc262 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilyc262 Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 1:07pm
post #4 of 6

I like bookmarks. How about book spines- like 3-4 books on a bookshelf and write her titles on them. Maybe pick one complicated book cover art and break down the components onto square or circle cookies with 1 in the middle with title of that book. Hard one! Good luck.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 1:28pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyc262

I like bookmarks. How about book spines- like 3-4 books on a bookshelf and write her titles on them. Maybe pick one complicated book cover art and break down the components onto square or circle cookies with 1 in the middle with title of that book. Hard one! Good luck.

I LOVE the bookmark idea! Lots of wiggle room for designs.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 4:55pm
post #6 of 6

Ooh like the bookmarks. Google search for native american symbols , gives tons of ideas!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%