How Do You Insert The Stick In A Cookie?

Baking By saraisweets Updated 18 Feb 2010 , 4:20pm by ShanB

saraisweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saraisweets Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 3:15am
post #1 of 7

Okay, so I can't seem to get this right. When exactly do you insert the sticks to make cookie pops. I've tried before baking with dough room temp. and before baking with dough chilled. My cookies are still bumpy or cracking! HELP!!!! I want to get this right! icon_confused.gif

6 replies
Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 3:27am
post #2 of 7

Here is a tutorial from another decorating website...

http://www.cakejournal.com/archives/how-to-make-a-cookie-lolly

HTH

JRAE33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JRAE33 Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 7:33am
post #3 of 7

If you are having trouble with the sticks being inserted before baking, try inserting them after the cookies have baked. I have done it that way with success. When I put the stick in b4 baking, I just insert it right b4 throwing them in the oven. HTH

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 1:29pm
post #4 of 7

I lay the stick on the cookie sheet, place the cookie on top, gently press the dough around the stick, and bake. I've had very good luck with this method.

keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 1:43pm
post #5 of 7

when I make them I use the thin, flat sticks, and dip them in a little bit of corn syrup before inserting them. Bake on parchment paper so they don't stick. Works with lolli pop sticks to the syrup keeps them from spinning. Also, bake your cookies while cold. This help with spreading and cracking. Hope this helps you.

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 17 Feb 2010 , 10:42pm
post #6 of 7

i made some for the first time this week. i put the stick in before i baked them. i kinda judged where i wanted it and twisted as i put it in. the thicker and colder the dough the easier it will be.

ShanB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShanB Posted 18 Feb 2010 , 4:20pm
post #7 of 7

if I have a lot to do I don't put the sticks in when I bake them. They take up too much room and the risk of breaking them is to much (I'm pretty clumsy!)

Since they all get bagged individually anyway I attach the stick to the back of the bag and tie it closed below the cookie. I find it easier, you can't eat the cookie off the stick but most people don't mind.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%