Extender With A Pudding Based Cake Mix????

Baking By Danielle1218 Updated 27 Jan 2010 , 11:50pm by Jackal

Danielle1218 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danielle1218 Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 8:45pm
post #1 of 9

Question for you.........

When using a cake mix extender recipe that also calls for a box of pudding.....................do you use a box mix that DOES NOT have a pudding mix in it? (Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker) or could I get away with using Pillsbury Pudding in the Mix and still add the pudding?

Just curious if that would work.....since I only use Pillsbury Pudding in the Mix.

I do have the Cake Mix Doctor book and she advises against using a box mix that has pudding in it when adding a 3 oz box of pudding.

What are your thoughts????

8 replies
greengyrl26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greengyrl26 Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 8:56pm
post #2 of 9

I always add a small box of instant pudding mix...regardless of the mix brand...even Pillsbury, and have never had a problem. icon_smile.gif

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 9:09pm
post #3 of 9

I add a box of pudding to all my cakes regardless of brand or whether or not they already have pudding in them, works fine.

rcolson13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcolson13 Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 11:08pm
post #4 of 9

I added pudding to the box mix you referred to and the cake came out fine. However, it was almost too moist. I found it more difficult to cut for my topsy turvy cake than it usually is.

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 11:24pm
post #5 of 9

yep, if the recipe calls for pudding I put in in regardless, cuz I usually buy whatever mix is on sale lol

Jackal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackal Posted 26 Jan 2010 , 5:10pm
post #6 of 9

I am new at this, but when you put pudding mix in the cake mix, this makes this moist??? also when pudding it in you don't have to add more of a wet ingredient then what the cake box mix calls for??? one more questions what size pudding mix do you add per box of cake mix.

thank you icon_wink.gif

Jackal Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 8:16pm
post #7 of 9

[quote="Jackal"]I am new at this, but when you put pudding mix in the cake mix, this makes this moist??? also when pudding it in you don't have to add more of a wet ingredient then what the cake box mix calls for??? one more questions what size pudding mix do you add per box of cake mix.

thank you icon_wink.gif

Can anyone let me know please???? icon_confused.gif

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 8:31pm
post #8 of 9

lol, ok it depends on the recipe, I usually use the small box. And no you dont need more wet. Just follow the recipe, and it will be fine icon_smile.gif

Jackal Posted 27 Jan 2010 , 11:50pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sweetheart-

lol, ok it depends on the recipe, I usually use the small box. And no you dont need more wet. Just follow the recipe, and it will be fine icon_smile.gif

thankyou Sweetheart for responding.

icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%