Shipping A Decorated Cake???

Decorating By allie73 Updated 22 Jan 2010 , 4:13am by marzipandoll

allie73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allie73 Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 6:44pm
post #1 of 5

Is it possible to do this and have it arrive in one piece? If so, how do I pack it? It will be small - 6 or 8" round - and will be covered in fondant. Thanks much!

4 replies
marzipandoll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marzipandoll Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 9:58pm
post #2 of 5

I would never do it! I'd be scared something happens to it and they open it and it's a mess and I am not there...hahaha NOT!

tastyart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastyart Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 10:08pm
post #3 of 5

I know there are some bakeries that do ship decorated cakes, small ones. I would love to know how they do it.

THECAKEPLACE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
THECAKEPLACE Posted 21 Jan 2010 , 11:38pm
post #4 of 5

I have asked this a few times, and saw a decorater on one of the cake shows use an airline. they had a box that you could see inside so the employees would see it and be carefull. anyway....I think its called counter to counter call an airline and ask them about shipping items counter to counter..hope this helps

marzipandoll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marzipandoll Posted 22 Jan 2010 , 4:13am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by THECAKEPLACE

I have asked this a few times, and saw a decorater on one of the cake shows use an airline. they had a box that you could see inside so the employees would see it and be carefull. anyway....I think its called counter to counter call an airline and ask them about shipping items counter to counter..hope this helps

I saw the box too like a fish tank. They were showing it at some cake show too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%